O/T So, what are YOUR faves from the "big four" and why?

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
So, what's your favorites from SLAYER, ANTHRAX, MEGADETH and METALLICA?

Mine are as follows...

SLAYER - DIVINE INTERVENTION....just flows perfect for me, prolly the best mix of any SLAYER album...still sounds old school while moving forward.

ANTHRAX - SOWN......took a band that I thought was "aight" and made 'em a band that I thought was "tight". ONLY, BLACK LODGE, PACKAGED REBELLION...all killer shit.

MEGADETH - SO FAR DO GOOD SO WHAT!.....for me it's almost as if Dave was attempting a "masterpiece" Every song is solid from the instrumental "Lungs" all the way to "Anarchy in the UK" he outright covers a punk standard and makes it fit into his style of "thinking mans speed metal".

METALLICA - KILL 'EM ALL.....this is what metal should be.. loud, aggressive and one of the best old school metal songs of all time "Jump In The Fire"

So, what's YOURS?

ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise
SLAYER - Reign In Blood
METALLICA - Master of Puppets
MEGADETH - Rust In Peace

4 classic metal records - 'nuff said.

Slayer - Reign in Blood. My favorite album of all-time, this was the one that really got me into thrash.

Megadeth - Rust in Peace. My second favorite. A perfect album, not a weak moment on it.

Anthrax - Among the Living. A classic. Among, Mosh, I am the Law, Indians... A killer disc. This album was the reason I started reading Judge Dredd comics.

Metallica - This is a tough one. At any point, any of their first four could lay claim to this. Right now, I think I am going to go with Puppets. I am not a big fan of instrumentals, so I usually skip that. Otherwise, everything is absolutely killer. Leper Messiah may be my favorite Met song.

Scott

Anthrax- Among The White Noise (I agree with you michimikey) :hotjump:
everything is perfect in these two records the best from J.B. & J.B.
Slayer- Season In The Abyss :devil: This is my favourite cause it has the best from reign .... and south....
Megadeth- Rust In Peace :worship: Every time I think about megadeth I think in Tornado of Souls and that song is part of this wonderful record also because of Mustaine-Friedman-Ellefson- Menza
Metallica- Re-load :p hahahaha just kidding Master Of puppets :headbang: of course (masterpiece!!!)

Slayer Reign in Blood
Megadeth Peace Sells, but who;s buying
Metallica Master of Puppets
Anthrax Tough choice, I really like SOWN and Stomp 442, but also like Spreading the disease, cuz that is what turned me on to metal

Jeebus! With the exception of SOWN, it seems that my pics are the 'eclectic' ones of the bunch...lol GREGADETH: BUCKING TRENDS SINCE THIS THREAD STARTED...AND STILL STANDING THE TEST OF TIME...lol had to get a megacock shot in there....lol

i can only choose anthrax(weve come for you all)in a stale environment anthrax showed there true colors and finally got a right balance of heavy yet melodic songs!!!

i do not have a fave album from the 3 other bands,i think exodus shoulda made the 4 instead of megadeth,fab disaster is one of my fave metal albums!!!

Anthrax: We´ve Come For You All
Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction
Metallica: Metallica
Slayer: Seasons In The Abyss

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
MY big four are:
Megadeth - Rust In Piece, nuff said
Metallica - Kill The Master of Lightning
Anthrax - A tie between WCFYA and SOWN
TESTAMENT - The New Order

P.S. Slayer sux
Its called THE big four...not YOUR big four. This is complete anarchy!
That is a good one by TestAmenT though...

Anthrax: SOWN cause it got me into thrash and stopped me listening to Use Your Illusion 2. I was once a twat, Thank you Anthrax!

Slayer: Seasons In The Abyss: Dead Skin Mask and the title track are the 2 songs i learned first on the guitar and got some credibility with my mate who could play ther theme to Deer hunter.

Megadeth: Peace sells: again the title track wins it for me just cause its so angry, pissed off and heavy. i like countdown as well though, some good lyrics on there.
"whatdaya mean i don't support the system? I go to court when i have to!"

Metallica: the one that i downloaded a few years ago that has all the classics and songs before Lars started to use his kitchen sink as a snare drum.

i wouldve put Testament over Slayer also but heres mine
Anthrax-P.O.T
Metallica-hmmmm M.O.P
Megadeth-Peace Sells
Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss

Anthrax: Um...STD from the Joey-era and SOWN from the current era
MegaDave: I'll say Rust In Peace just because I've been listening to that a lot lately
Slayer: I'll have to say Reign In Blood
Metal-lica: Puppets is my favorite.

Brittany Spears: That one album that features the sounds of her getting impaled on a blunt object. Oh wait...that's not out yet. Skank.

Anthrax - Among The Living
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Metallica - Puppets
Megadeth - Always sucked balls except for maybe 3 songs
Pantera - Vulgar
Maiden - Killers
Priest - British Steel

After Among I'd have to go to Stomp or WCFYA as best ever Thrax. At least what albums I listen to the most. Among The Living just had so many original riffs, killer production for the time and all the song structures are completely insane which makes it so memorable.