Anthrax is my favorite band from the big four now.

+1

That being said, WPB and Divine Intervention are the shit. God Hates and Christ Illusion weren't really my thing. Interesting how we all love the first five albums but can't agree on the other ones.

Aye it's pretty fuckin werd that :confused:

DI - good, but a CLEAR step down from previous albums
Diabolus - I like it a lot, maybe nostalgia plays a part, I remember this with a good few beers playing the first Quake and Starfox on the Nintendo 64.
God Hates Us All - I got this as a birthday gift from my wife. Maybe nostalgia again, cos I like it quite a bit too.
Christ Illusion - Boring as fuck
WPB - Boring as fuck.

:lol:
I'm sure, partially, my opinions on the albums are coloured by the steadily worsening guitar tone. I can't fucking stand this modern tone Kerry and Jeff (and Metallica also) have. It lacks the sizzle and in-your-fucking-face punch of the older stuff. Pisses me right off.

On topic, Anthrax have always been my favourite of the big 4 although my favourite thrash albums are Rust In Peace and AJFA.

I'm sure, partially, my opinions on the albums are coloured by the steadily worsening guitar tone. I can't fucking stand this modern tone Kerry and Jeff (and Metallica also) have. It lacks the sizzle and in-your-fucking-face punch of the older stuff. Pisses me right off.

As a guitar player I just don't understand how the guys in Metallica could think that they sound good. :confused:

Slayer's guitars don't sound that great either.

Diabolus - I like it a lot, maybe nostalgia plays a part, I remember this with a good few beers playing the first Quake and Starfox on the Nintendo 64.

Played the shit out of those games growing up! :kickass:

Forgot to mention Diabolus in my first post, actually. It's also pretty good. Though, I definitely agree with what you said about their guitar tone getting worse with each album. Even though I enjoyed WPB, I couldn't stand the tone on it.

I was the first one to think and say that Slayer had turned into a bunch of old guys bored with their music. But honestly, their show in Prague in April this year proved me I was wrong. It was so fucking intense, easily the best show out of five I had seen. They made Megadeth (which I was actually looking forward to a bit more) look like a cheesy support band.

I think Megadeth at the top of their game is the best big 4 band, followed by Anthrax. Metallica has been out of the running so long they're disqualified. And I've never liked Slayer.

I "discovered" Megadeth before Anthrax then Slayer before Metallica. Anthrax since then has been the best IMO. They've got the energy/passion for music I need in a band, I dont think they take themselves too seriously and seem to have alot of fun. You can feel/see how much they enjoy what they do. When I've seen the others performances they look like their trying to have a good time but I think it shows their doing the music because their used to. Ive always liked how they sound live more than any other band not just the big 4. To be honest I could go to a Big four show and leave halfway through slayer, totally missing Metallica and be completely satisfied, even if i never saw another show again. Slayer and Metallica do have some good material I wouldnt mind seeing but i just cant get excited about them the same. Thrax and Deth get my blood pumping where the other two id give an almost monotone cool.

Im also very excited that im going to be able to see a show with Joey as being 25 years old i didnt have a chance to see his live chops, live.

You keep kickin ass Anthrax,:devil::headbang: the world of music would suck otherwise.

I "discovered" Megadeth before Anthrax then Slayer before Metallica. Anthrax since then has been the best IMO. They've got the energy/passion for music I need in a band, I dont think they take themselves too seriously and seem to have alot of fun. You can feel/see how much they enjoy what they do. When I've seen the others performances they look like their trying to have a good time but I think it shows their doing the music because their used to. Ive always liked how they sound live more than any other band not just the big 4. To be honest I could go to a Big four show and leave halfway through slayer, totally missing Metallica and be completely satisfied, even if i never saw another show again. Slayer and Metallica do have some good material I wouldnt mind seeing but i just cant get excited about them the same. Thrax and Deth get my blood pumping where the other two id give an almost monotone cool.

Im also very excited that im going to be able to see a show with Joey as being 25 years old i didnt have a chance to see his live chops, live.

You keep kickin ass Anthrax,:devil::headbang: the world of music would suck otherwise.

Thanks for bringing this back on topic!