Is JOEY BELLADONNA In Talks To Rejoin ANTHRAX In Time For 'Big Four' Dates?

Hey, let's NOT go to time machine. I'm The Man is so 80's stuff! Joey fucked up and that's it! Joseph Bellardini might be a good singer...for bands like Journey and Foreigner, but for this day's metal act like Anthrax he is just too weak! And he is sounding (and looking - I hate those underarm jeans) horrible live.

Listened to Armored Saint's La Raza this morning...check that album if you don't already have! There's a singer for you! That guy has balls, he's got anger and rasp in his tone but he's got also very much blues kinda feeling in his singing...he would be perfect for...let's say a band like Anthrax... Does name John Bush say anything to you? Someone should ask him...

T:)

BRING BACK BUSH

Anthrax cancelled tour dates and now there are new tour dates. Joey's back for sure. You will see what is gonna happen.

No more Bush, guys, I readed something, but I cannot say from where, ''Bush probably is not coming back''. Wait and see. Trust me.

Well...then there's going to be BIG 3 + Joeythrax -tour...in that case I'd rather read Scott's tweets 'bout poker than go to see them live...:)

JOHN BUSH OR NO ANTHRAX AT ALL

Paul Dianno = Joey Belladonna

Dan Nelson = Blaze Bayley

John Bush = Bruce Dickinson

Which one would you rather see? I prefer the one that can still sing to be sure.

Are you serious, if there's one singer close top Bruce Dickinson's range it's Joey Belladonna. Even in his dreams John Bush doesn't have that reach, he has a much darker flatter voice. BTW I prefer Paul Di'Anno, he made maiden sound dangerous, Dickinson is too smooth and polished.

Belladonna is a mighty underrated singer just listen to "armed and dangerous". Yes he sounds very 80's but I only see that as positive, 80's metal is making acomeback right now. Just look at bands like Municipal Waste and so on, all the old thrash metal acts are getting back to their roots. testament, megadeth even acts like Slayer and Metallica...

90's metal sounds pretty dated too nowadays, it's a new era.

And if you like Joey or not he sings every bit as good on Alive II as he did on NFV from 1987 (which is an utter masterpiece IMO).

At this point they would have better credibility if they got Ripper Owens. The guy can sing melodic AND heavy (watch him on Youtube with HAIL! covering Pantera songs). Going back to Joey is both pathetic and sad. How many times can you go back to that fat ex-girlfriend of yours when you need a quick fuck? I can't believe this is gonna happen... again!

But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Bush to bail out of this train wreck...

It is funny how Anthrax has been taking these famous "baby steps" with John Bush...and now all of a sudden they seem to be ready to take a quantum leap with Joseph Bellardini ...straight to a place where sun doesn't shine...

...and it is weird that there are people who are ready to join them...well, enjoy your ride...:)

JOHN BUSH OR NO ANTHRAX AT ALL

The only mistake was that Joey opted out after the first reunion. Apparently, he's back and will undoubtedly make up for lost time with some killer performances and the lending of his killer vocals to the new album.

Joey never opted out after the reunion. The band chose to move on with out him for whatever reason. I remember a posting on Blabbermouth that had an excerpt from an interview Joey did at the time, that he was informed by a friend who read it on the internet that he was no longer in the band and they got new vocalist Dan Nelson.

Whatever the case may be, if the rumors are true or not...it would be great to have Belladonna back in the band, but I would be happy with Bush too. My preference is Belladonna.
:headbang:

I would love to catch Antrhax live with Belladonna. I never liked the material Anthrax did during the Bush years. To be honest I was never impressed with Bush's vocal melodies either. Although one of their best songs has Bush on vocals - poison my eyes. A shame they didnt continue in that direction.

Still, the vocalist situation in Anthrax is a bit silly by now but I understand that they have to do something. Bush doesnt want to re-record the vocals on the new album and he doesnt want to tour all that much. And then the band had this "big 4" thing coming up and to be honest its the Belladonna years that are the most important for these gigs. What happens after these gigs. Who knows?

Here's what Scott said about Joey back then: "We were offered a direct support slot on a major tour this spring and Joey [Belladonna] decided he did not want to move forward. The reunion is over."

I never believe anythign Scott says. Everytime a new vocalist is announced he comes out saying they are the best thing since sliced bread and he would not have anyone else. This is the right choice and we are going to kick ass! We see how well Dan did forthe band.

I never believe anythign Scott says. Everytime a new vocalist is announced he comes out saying they are the best thing since sliced bread and he would not have anyone else. This is the right choice and we are going to kick ass! We see how well Dan did forthe band.

Yeah... My advice for any vocalist is to stay the fuck away at this point.

I've made the connection you stated above many times when he was praising Bush. They are almost as contradictory as the bible!

someone is going to have a write a chronology of everything that's happened to anthrax since wcfya. Perhaps I just too traumatized by it all to remember all the gory details. Anthrax put out one of the most memorable, inspired collection of songs in their entire career. And what the frak did they do? Do Scott and Charlie really want to end their careers with Joey Belladonna? I just can't fathom it. And I loved Joey back in the day but honestly Joey was an unique, fantastic but ill fitting vocalist on even on much of the classic Belladonna era material. Considering the interesting projects Scott is involved in I can't see this as a cash grab. I can't see this as being creatively satisfying. I just can't see it.

If John is out, he's out. Not much any one of us can do about it. We all can sit here and argue who is better between Joey & John day after day but it won't matter for shit in the end. If John is not moving forward with the band I believe 110% that that is John's decision. I just hope they get a singer who can do like Dan did and bring new life to both the John and Joey eras of the music. Getting Joey back would be a major step backwards once again. There's a ton of young blood out there that I'm sure could help carry this band forward for many years to come. I know myself and I'm sure many more of you would still sit and wait patiently for new material if we knew the band was trying their best to get the best they could for the position. Joey to me will once again be only a temporary fix and soon after the band will realize this and we'll all be back to this bullshit again with even more wasted time gone by. John already has agreed to do the shows in June and August, so if he has decided not to move farther along then I would think that while Anthrax is out doing the Big 4 shows with him that during the off time he would have no problem with them trying to find the best fit for them for afterwards. As far as getting Joey back for a cash grab I think we all know how well that went last time.

If John is out, he's out. Not much any one of us can do about it. We all can sit here and argue who is better between Joey & John day after day but it won't matter for shit in the end. If John is not moving forward with the band I believe 110% that that is John's decision. I just hope they get a singer who can do like Dan did and bring new life to both the John and Joey eras of the music. Getting Joey back would be a major step backwards once again. There's a ton of young blood out there that I'm sure could help carry this band forward for many years to come. I know myself and I'm sure many more of you would still sit and wait patiently for new material if we knew the band was trying their best to get the best they could for the position. Joey to me will once again be only a temporary fix and soon after the band will realize this and we'll all be back to this bullshit again with even more wasted time gone by. John already has agreed to do the shows in June and August, so if he has decided not to move farther along then I would think that while Anthrax is out doing the Big 4 shows with him that during the off time he would have no problem with them trying to find the best fit for them for afterwards. As far as getting Joey back for a cash grab I think we all know how well that went last time.
Just my two cents but if they get another unknown singer they are doomed.
I've been a fan since STD and I've gotta be honest, I could've given a shit about Dan Nelson. John Bush, to me will always be the better singer in Anthrax but if Joey does come back I'll still be interested in what they do.
Get another unknown and I'm jumping ship again.
This is getting fucking old.

I would be happy if Joey came back if............

They work on Worship Music to release it with Joey on vocals, and
Joey sings Bushthrax era material on tour.

If not, then I don't see how they can move forward.

Its hard to believe anything that is said by Charlie and Scott about the band's singer, but business is business.

One question maybe someone can answer, it is well known that Joey had not creative input into the lyrics, was this his decision or did Scott simply insist that he alone was the lyricist????

Here's what Scott said about Joey back then: "We were offered a direct support slot on a major tour this spring and Joey [Belladonna] decided he did not want to move forward. The reunion is over."

Scott is a liar, haven't you figured that out by now?