JOEY BELLADONNA Comments On Rumors Of Another Collaboration With ANTHRAX - Oct. 28, 2

gerardomosh

May 9, 2006
JOEY BELLADONNA Comments On Rumors Of Another Collaboration With ANTHRAX - Oct. 28, 2007

"The Classic Metal Show" recently conducted an interview with ex-ANTHRAX vocalist Joey Belladonna. When asked about the persistent rumor that he is once again working with ANTHRAX as they move forward on their new album, Joey said, "I don't know much about that kind of stuff. I don't know where that comes from, to be honest with you. There is a rumor going around. I see that. It's interesting when that stuff pops up." In response to the suggestion that ANTHRAX may "wise up" and bring him back, Belladonna said, "Well, my answer to that is we never really had to go through this phase. They could have just left it alone. Granted, they had fun doing whatever they did for the five records without me, but they could have just eliminated all of this malarkey if they wanted to."

To download the entire interview, go to this location.

Joey has lined up several solo dates during the coming weeks, including a few shows in the UK in December and an appearance with TWISTED SISTER at The Filmore at Irving Plaza in New York City on December 21.

Belladonna last year made three full albums' worth of solo material available for paid download via his official web site.

Commented Joey: "These songs are assorted experiments that I have done and are varied in style. They are sort of 'one-offs,' basically just songs that I wanted to record for fun."

Frankly, I don't know what to say. I want John Bush back myself, but Joey coming back again would be awesome.

No matter what, I just want my money's worth for the CDC Membership I paid for! COME ON! Get a singer, go out there, kick some ass with the new album! I can't wait! This is the perfect time since Thrash is coming back so damn big!

:D

Lol
he said malarkey. :loco:

But fo' serious, he has a point. They really didn't have to put him through all that shit. And I want Joey back too, now; all pessimism/realism aside. As much as I like John Bush, It would be very interesting to see what Joey and the rest could do now... hopefully a thrashfest? :D (Pleeeeze? :cry:) And I want the whole interview goddammit! >=(
(NP: Spreading the Disease; entire album. hell yes.)

Frankly, I don't know what to say. I want John Bush back myself, but Joey coming back again would be awesome.

No matter what, I just want my money's worth for the CDC Membership I paid for! COME ON! Get a singer, go out there, kick some ass with the new album! I can't wait! This is the perfect time since Thrash is coming back so damn big!

:D
Yeah I want John back too but I'd rather have Joey than a no-name, at least it can bring me back to my childhood when I fell in love with the band. Thrash is coming back? I hope so, but the only reference to thrash on HBB has been Trivium's singer giving a tribute, I don't see any thrash back. That new Exodus sounds killer, but until I see it on HBB I don't see any comeback. Unfortuneately what's on TV is the only shit that will ever thrive. I DVR HBB but I fast-forward through most of it, everyone sounds the same. Even a band like Unearth, unbelievable musicians, my band could never touch that. But I fast-forward cause it's all redundant to me. I find myself watching the new Clutch video repeatedly just because it's different and out there. Anthrax is different from what is on that show, I welcome that. I hope to see them there on the next album.

Yeah, I think he meant the PRESENT malarkey, but ya know. He never came across as the BEST speaker in the world now did he? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBong
Nah, he's talking about Billy's predictions!

AHHHHH!!!! That explains the completely wide open replies ....