Belladonna rules, stop hating !!! - Sonisphere - Switzerland

loa0305

New Metal Member
Jun 21, 2010
Hey,

I can't believe how many people on this forum hate Belladonna.
Belladonna is the voice of Anthrax and during his time in the band they recorded their best albums.

I saw Anthrax 5 times (3 times with Belladonna, 2 times with Bush).
I prefer the Belladonna era. John Bush has a good voice but c'mon "Sound of white noise", "Stomp 442" and "Volume 8" is just weak Alternative Rock to me, nothing special at all and no real Anthrax sound.

All albums with Joey rule, I love them. Can't wait for the new album in 2011 !!!

I saw Anthrax at Sonisphere in Switzerland a few days ago and have to say that it was AWESOME !!! I couldn't belive my eyes when Joey entered the stage (didn't read about the reunion..) Anthrax is back indeed !!!

cheers

i was at Sonisphere Switzerland and that festival was a nightmare (you can read about it several articles on the web if you understand german, i'm sure there are articles in other languages too), i haven't seen one performance, i'm one of the thousands that left the festival before it even started, there really were apocalyptic conditions, the organisation (if there even was an organisation) was worse than anyone could ever think of. i couldn't believe my eyes what i was expecting there, i stayed at a hotel in zurich, had to travel from zurich to the village where it happened 1 h by train (it was anounced as zurich), when arriving there by train, the people had to walk 30 minutes through that village to reach the festival area. and then i couldn't believe my eyes, i was shocked, the festival area was nothing but mudd, mudd & mudd, i walked about 20 minutes through that mudd and couldn't see a stage, the two stages were so far away that you had to walk for another hour from the entrance to even get there. i went (dirty as a pig) back to the hotel, i don't wanna see the big four in an atmosphere like that (i read that some people had to wait 2 hours for a beer, no toilets, no showers, no organisation at all). but there are some clips on youtube from the festival (the bands played and a lot of people made it to the stage, but thousands of people paid a lot of money like myself and left the festival without seeing a single performance)

watch it:

Sonisphere Switzerland? Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from what i've read, the festivals in warsaw and prague were great, there are some cool clips of Anthrax's performance, i wish i could have been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sorry Scott, unfortunately there were no zombie attacks (would have been cool!) but i read in an newspaper article about the festival that some people had been biten by mice and rats (no joke), from the stage (i watched the "peace sells"-video from the festival) everything looked normal (there were thousands in front of the stage) but in the back (from the entrance to the stage) many people were standing kneedeep in the mud, many people lost their wallets in the mud, really horrible.

Joey is what he is.... He may be caught in a time warp but he is the singer for Anthrax. Glad he is back.

I dont understand this "caught in a timewarp thing"

if so

Bruce Dickinson
Rob Halford
Geoff Tate

are all caught in a timewarp as well...they never switched there classic metal style into anything but what they were good at...

John Bush has a good voice but c'mon "Sound of white noise", "Stomp 442" and "Volume 8" is just weak Alternative Rock to me, nothing special at all and no real Anthrax sound.
cheers

I year ya dude! Joey is awesome! John is a talented singer and those albums with him have some great songs, but Joey is the singer who helped them shape their sound in the first place. Hope to see Anthrax playing Thrash Metal again, instead of Hard Rock.

I traveled 18 hours by train from Germany to the Sonisphere Festival in Switzerland and it was worth it !!!

I didn't care about the mud. Okay it took me 45 minutes to arrive at the stage, but as I started going early enough I could care less about the slow walking in the mud. I thought it was quite funny. This was the most muddy festival I ever attended in my 10 years of festivals experience.

I'm at a festival for the bands and don't care about organisation of weather.

I was in the front of the main stage for 15 hours without a single drink, without food and without taking a piss. I could see all the bands and it didn't cause me any damage ahahaha.

All performances were great but the highlight for me was ANTHRAX !!!

cheers

Joey rules, and i think its even better that he's "stuck in a time warp." it reminds me of Anthrax's best years and best albums. he is the Injun!

Hey,

I can't believe how many people on this forum hate Belladonna.
Belladonna is the voice of Anthrax and during his time in the band they recorded their best albums.

I saw Anthrax 5 times (3 times with Belladonna, 2 times with Bush).
I prefer the Belladonna era. John Bush has a good voice but c'mon "Sound of white noise", "Stomp 442" and "Volume 8" is just weak Alternative Rock to me, nothing special at all and no real Anthrax sound.

All albums with Joey rule, I love them. Can't wait for the new album in 2011 !!!

I saw Anthrax at Sonisphere in Switzerland a few days ago and have to say that it was AWESOME !!! I couldn't belive my eyes when Joey entered the stage (didn't read about the reunion..) Anthrax is back indeed !!!

cheers

:devil: joey is awesome!!!!!