Does belladonna do Bush era songs?

Narynan@comcast.net

New Metal Member
May 17, 2006
Simple as that? From what people have seen sence they did this whole thing, does Belladonna do Bush era songs?

I have pretty much boycotted the band sence this change up, but they are coming to my area with Zombie. I want to see zombie, and well... Anthrax, but as I found the band during the Bush era, and honestly think its better, I am going to feel really REALLY screwed if they ignore 4 cd's worth of shit because I.M.O. joey cant sing it.

So any feed back?

Yes, I have a feeling about the whole, Belladonna / Bush thing. But thats not what I'm asking?

Are they doing anything from the stuff released from the last 10 years?

Jockthrax said:
Nope, Joey doesnt want to sing any Bush era material. Which is pretty lame imho. They are just churning out the same old shit tour after tour.

They need put out something new, I'm not going to go see them do the same shit they did last few times through Chicago.

Narynan@comcast.net said:
Simple as that? From what people have seen sence they did this whole thing, does Belladonna do Bush era songs?

I have pretty much boycotted the band sence this change up, but they are coming to my area with Zombie. I want to see zombie, and well... Anthrax, but as I found the band during the Bush era, and honestly think its better, I am going to feel really REALLY screwed if they ignore 4 cd's worth of shit because I.M.O. joey cant sing it.

So any feed back?

Yes, I have a feeling about the whole, Belladonna / Bush thing. But thats not what I'm asking?

I JUST ENJOY THE BAND WHILE THEY ARE STILL PLAYING...I UNDERSTAND WHERE U ARE COMING FROM...ABOUT THE WHOLE BELLA NOT DOING BUSH SONGS ERA..AND HOW ANTHRAX SOUNDED BETTER WITH BUSH..WELL U KNOW WHAT..I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN BELLADONNA WAS KICKED OUT OF THE BAND IN "92"...AND HOW I WOULD SAY THAT "NOW" AT THE TIME WITH BUSH.... ANTHRAX WOULD NOT SOUND THE SAME..AND IT WASN'T THE SAME..INFACT WHEN BUSH WOULD SING SONGS FROM THE BELLDONNA ERA..I'VE ALWAYS PICTURE JOEY SINGING THEM...IT JUST FOR ME THE STYLE OF THOSE SONGS FROM JOEY DIDN'T FIT JOHN AS MUCH IMO..BUT IT WAS A DIFFERENT STORY WHEN JOHN WOULD SING HIS SONG...NOW THAT WAS COOL...I'M NOT SAYING THAT BUSH CANNOT SING BELLA'S SONGS...I JUST DID NOT HEAR IT WELL IN MY OWN EARS WHEN JOHN WOULD SING THEM...BUT ANY OTHER JOHN ERA SONGS THAT HE WOULD SING WERE THE BEST...

LISTEN TO "THIS IS NOT AN EXIT" THAT SONG AND THE WAY JOHN SINGS IT... KICKS MY ASS....:headbang:

Hypothectical question. Say you were the lead singer of a band for 8 or so years. All of a sudden the musical climate changes and you're sacked in favor of someone who sounds more "modern." Upon your return to the band 13 years later for a reunion, would you really be itching to sing the other guys songs? This is different than Bruce singing Blaze Bailey songs, or Paul Dianno songs. The guy was sacked with no warning. Give the guy a fuckin' break. A lot of Bush-era fans act as if Anthrax owes them something. If you don't like the way they are doing things, start your own band and do it your way. The band has been providing us with music for over 20 years. No one ever twisted my arm to buy an Anthrax record. They've been around longer than most bands and really, they were with John for 13 years. You had plenty of opportunities to hear that shit.

Thanks Karina, that was maybe the best post ever about the reunion. People are always saying that Anthrax shouldn't ignore their 13 years with Bush, but should they ignore the 8 years with Belladonna instead?

So any feed back?

Don't fucking go if you don't fucking like it! Goddamn!

So any feed back?

As much as i miss Bush being there too it is pretty good and kind of refreshing to see Joey and Dan back, and judging from the Alive 2 DVD they still do a killer set of the old stuff so you wont be dissapointed even if you dont hear any Bush era songs.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Thanks Karina, that was maybe the best post ever about the reunion. People are always saying that Anthrax shouldn't ignore their 13 years with Bush, but should they ignore the 8 years with Belladonna instead?

Umm... I wan't aware they ever ignored the Belladona years when Bush was in the band... They even did that re-recorded CD "The Greater of Two Evils", remember that one? Hardly seems like ignoring that era... :Smug:

DarrellDethSDMF said:
I meant ignoring Belladonna the man.

Yup the band really did a number on belladona when he left. I was actually surprised he would want to come back.

Karina_666 said:
Hypothectical question. Say you were the lead singer of a band for 8 or so years. All of a sudden the musical climate changes and you're sacked in favor of someone who sounds more "modern." Upon your return to the band 13 years later for a reunion, would you really be itching to sing the other guys songs? This is different than Bruce singing Blaze Bailey songs, or Paul Dianno songs. The guy was sacked with no warning. Give the guy a fuckin' break. A lot of Bush-era fans act as if Anthrax owes them something. If you don't like the way they are doing things, start your own band and do it your way. The band has been providing us with music for over 20 years. No one ever twisted my arm to buy an Anthrax record. They've been around longer than most bands and really, they were with John for 13 years. You had plenty of opportunities to hear that shit.

kinda stupid to ignore nearly 2/3 of Anthrax's existence just because of whatever ego Joey or Spitz has conjured

then again like I hinted earlier in the thread, Joey couldn't sing John's songs anyway, though it'd be good for a laugh

looks like it's more Antisocial, Caught in a Mosh, I Am the Law, and Indians

House of Seance said:
kinda stupid to ignore nearly 2/3 of Anthrax's existence just because of whatever ego Joey or Spitz has conjured

It's not joey ego thou he just doesnt like the style anthrax took. but when you say 2/3 of existance it aint yeh they toured longer but he has done the same amount of albums as joey. just joey's where crammed into 7 years instead of 13