Does belladonna do Bush era songs?

I don't think it has anything to do with ego. Anyone who's ever met Joey will tell you he's a very humble, down to earth guy. I agree with Rise. They said a lot of shit about Joey when he was sacked that was uncalled for. I notice Joey never really lashed back though. so much about his ego. And another thing. How do you know if Scott or Charlie even asked him to sing Bush songs? The subject may not even have come up between them. Just because Joey said in an interview that he wouldn't want to, doesn't exactly say that he'd turned down the others if they asked. Not liking something and pissing all over something are two totally different situations.

Rise said:
It's not joey ego thou he just doesnt like the style anthrax took. but when you say 2/3 of existance it aint yeh they toured longer but he has done the same amount of albums as joey. just joey's where crammed into 7 years instead of 13

well, what I mean is Spreading the Disease/Armed and Dangerous EP was released in 1985... Joey's first albums... Persistence of Time was released in 1990... Joey's last album... that's 5 years, an incredibly short time... I suppose I didn't say it quite right

not enough respect is given to John-era in all these issues is what I'm getting at, it's treated as if it was some sideshow, that it's fake, and that now the TRUE Anthrax is reunited, the REAL deal... I have a hard time believing that when a bigger portion of Anthrax's life thus far has been spent with John... he has seniority, he knows more than Joey about being in Anthrax, he's more experienced when it comes to Anthrax... yet somehow he's still "that new guy", the gimmick

and how do you know Joey couldn't sing John's stuff? I got nothing against John Bush, but I never saw what the big deal was. He's good. He certainly isn't great or unique or anything to write home about.

House of Seance said:
well, what I mean is Spreading the Disease/Armed and Dangerous EP was released in 1985... Joey's first albums... Persistence of Time was released in 1990... Joey's last album... that's 5 years, an incredibly short time... I suppose I didn't say it quite right

not enough respect is given to John-era in all these issues is what I'm getting at, it's treated as if it was some sideshow, that it's fake, and that now the TRUE Anthrax is reunited, the REAL deal... I have a hard time believing that when a bigger portion of Anthrax's life thus far has been spent with John... he has seniority, he knows more than Joey about being in Anthrax, he's more experienced when it comes to Anthrax... yet somehow he's still "that new guy", the gimmick

True not enough respect is given to john boy but not every one likes him or anthrax direction.

Reunion bashers can piss and moan about joey being back but i cannot see another way for anthrax to continue for the time being. John wanted time with his kid which is fully understandable. Would you like to leave your newly born kid for X months to play gigs i wouldnt.So that ruled him out for a good year & a year of doing jack hurts a band & anthrax in that state after WHCFYA & GOTE could not take that year out IMHO.

They had to find a way of getting out there & what better way than get Dan & joey back & its paid off people are coming to shows wanting to see them, with a few numbskull "that only go to look down on this lineup" & leave pissed off.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Thanks Karina, that was maybe the best post ever about the reunion. People are always saying that Anthrax shouldn't ignore their 13 years with Bush, but should they ignore the 8 years with Belladonna instead?

No, they should play a mix. I'm sure Joey can pull of the songs, but why would I go see a band play when I'm 100% sure that over half of my favorite songs aren't going to get played.

I have never said that our last 4 records weren't real. Where are you getting that? WCFYA is our best album. SOWN and VOL 8 are right there with ATL.
Joey has never told us he wouldn't sing John's songs. We've never asked. We are on a reunion tour. We're playing the songs from that era. If we have new material after this, and we tour again, then this is a conversation.

Black Thirteen said:
I have never said that our last 4 records weren't real. Where are you getting that? WCFYA is our best album. SOWN and VOL 8 are right there with ATL.
Joey has never told us he wouldn't sing John's songs. We've never asked. We are on a reunion tour. We're playing the songs from that era. If we have new material after this, and we tour again, then this is a conversation.

Understood, but I've seen the reunion stuff 3 times in Chicago. I feel like Homer Simpson Yelling at BTO to get to the working overtime part.

thanks Scott for confirming what I said. Fuckin' people baffle me. The band doesn't play the Bush-era material and you want to blame Belladonna. Like it's his fault there's a reunion. Everyone knows who the captains of this ship are.

Karina_666 said:
thanks Scott for confirming what I said. Fuckin' people baffle me. The band doesn't play the Bush-era material and you want to blame Belladonna. Like it's his fault there's a reunion. Everyone knows who the captains of this ship are.
:lol: I would hope the other guys have input being that they are in the band or anthrax family or whatever the hell it's called these days.

yeah!!! joey perform ONLY!,CATHARSIS!,NOTHING!,POTTERS FIELD!, ROOM FOR ONE MORE!, SAFE HOME!, NOBODY NOWS ANYTHING!, YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!

JOEY, YOUR YOU CAN SING THOSE SONG BETTER EVEN!:kickass:

JOEY BELLADONNA ROCKS!!!!:headbang:

Gerardo,

Just an FYI. Using all caps and an abundance of exclamation points is grounds for justifiable homicide in the United States. Just looking out for you buddy.

Karina_666 said:
Gerardo,

Just an FYI. Using all caps and an abundance of exclamation points is grounds for justifiable homicide in the United States. Just looking out for you buddy.

SORRY:lol:

Karina_666 said:

with the rather hot-headed way Joey and Danny have been presenting themselves in interviews since the reunion, it seems like they'd be on the floor kicking and whining if they were ever actually asked to do John songs :rolleyes:

I couldnt agree more, sweetheart,,,besides, comparing Joey and Bush is like comparing apples and oranges,,they both have their own unique styles

Karina_666 said:
and how do you know Joey couldn't sing John's stuff? I got nothing against John Bush, but I never saw what the big deal was. He's good. He certainly isn't great or unique or anything to write home about.

Keep in mind as well Joey was kicked out, John is still sort of in the band but not really but maybe. At least with Joey he could talk about it.