They Let Jonh Bush Mangle Most Of The Belladonna Era Catalog...

coldshovel said:
A lot of the Bush era song I dont think Joey could pull off. John has such a strong voice. I like Joeys voice I just dont think he can match John. And a lot of the songs on GOTE I like a lot better than the originals. Kinda like when Metallica covers a song, it makes it hard to listen to the original. BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.

I am pretty shure you are totally wrong!

t-rave said:
I bought GOTE only because I am a die hard fan..I hate when bands try to rewrite / erase history...it never seems to pan out right... this was definitley Anthrax's lowest point IMHO....

Agreed, it was a very cheap shot of trying and get the old fans back....they realised they wouldn;t cut it with the newer songs so why not go retro, I am glad they finally got it right and got the old line up back cause there is no substitute for the real thing!

spacebeer said:
Agreed, it was a very cheap shot of trying and get the old fans back....they realised they wouldn;t cut it with the newer songs so why not go retro, I am glad they finally got it right and got the old line up back cause there is no substitute for the real thing!
Here we go again.

mrthrax said:
lol,could count the lyrics for songs he has co wrote on one hand mate,lets not go down that path,the only song he fully wrote lyrics too was anyplace but here,i am 100% sure he only helped out with lyrics on a few songs on sown,so really as far as contributing if u look at the facts he hasnt dont much more than joey...
Scott has said that John wrote all of the lyrics for Anyplace, and some lyrics in the WCFYA title track. This was an article where he discussed WCFYA track by track.

t-rave said:
I bought GOTE only because I am a die hard fan..I hate when bands try to rewrite / erase history...it never seems to pan out right... this was definitley Anthrax's lowest point IMHO....

The whole reason they did that record was because the FANS wanted them too. I specificaly remember Scott saying "we are NOT trying to change history." There was a high demand for that record by us fans. That is why they did the vote.

The whole reason they did that record was because the FANS wanted them too. I specificaly remember Scott saying "we are NOT trying to change history." There was a high demand for that record by us fans. That is why they did the vote.

well, if all the fans wanted them too it would have sold even moderatley and this reunion probobly wouldnt have happened...I would hate to see the numbers for that disc....plus I felt bad for the band getting John to do that album..

jackfromczech said:
Hey t-rave, you think that reunion happend just because low sales of TGOTE??? Are you serious man?

I felt Anthrax got a lot more press coverage for TGOTE with their old songs than for their "normal" albums before which could have been one of the reasons for the reunion tour. However, I highly doubt that it was just the demand of the fans which led to the recording of TGOTE....

I think it helped lead to the reunion..The current line up was not gaining momentum fast enough for the band and they probobly gave up on it...If WCFYA and GOTE sold assloads this reunion would probobly never would have happened...It's sad because of the amount of touring they put into WCFYA and being such a solid album it should have sold more.