They Let Jonh Bush Mangle Most Of The Belladonna Era Catalog...

They played Cadillac Rock Box live in Toledo on the WCFYA tour.
They also did Taking The Music Back live twice. They did it in Cleveland as a rehearsal (well, onstage), and then did it in Chicago the next night and filmed the video for the song.

I think the only songs from WCFYA that they never played live were the title track, Strap It On, and Think About An End...well, and Crash...but that one barely counts as a song.

They were talking about how they wanted to play every song from it live but it never ended up happening.

I wish I could have heard Anyplace But Here live. I saw them 7 times on that tour....the only "rarities" I heard them do live were Taking The Music Back, 1000 Points Of Hate, Black Lodge, Lone Justice (both a tease in Columbus at the Alrosa Villa and the full version on the next leg of the tour in Cleveland), Crush, and Whole Lotta Rosie...oh and half of Whiplash. Oh, and they did Madhouse once and Ripper Owens got onstage with them too.

Oh, and the problem with GOTE is not that they let John Bush mangle the Belladonna era material. The problem was that they let Belladonna mangle the original versions in the first place. LOL

Deege said:
They played Cadillac Rock Box live in Toledo on the WCFYA tour.
They also did Taking The Music Back live twice. They did it in Cleveland as a rehearsal (well, onstage), and then did it in Chicago the next night and filmed the video for the song.

I think the only songs from WCFYA that they never played live were the title track, Strap It On, and Think About An End...well, and Crash...but that one barely counts as a song.

They were talking about how they wanted to play every song from it live but it never ended up happening.

I wish I could have heard Anyplace But Here live. I saw them 7 times on that tour....the only "rarities" I heard them do live were Taking The Music Back, 1000 Points Of Hate, Black Lodge, Lone Justice (both a tease in Columbus at the Alrosa Villa and the full version on the next leg of the tour in Cleveland), Crush, and Whole Lotta Rosie...oh and half of Whiplash. Oh, and they did Madhouse once and Ripper Owens got onstage with them too.

Oh, and the problem with GOTE is not that they let John Bush mangle the Belladonna era material. The problem was that they let Belladonna mangle the original versions in the first place. LOL

speaking of "rare songs", how often so they play Panic? I saw them play it, and I havent heard of them playing it since then

mrthrax said:
so have they only anyplace but here once?,have they ever played caddy live

I only know about "Any place..." at that one show. I asked Charlie about it once, after the Dimebag memorial show, and he didn't remember.

They played "caddy..." a few times, one of which, as Deege mentioned, was in Toledo, OH. That show had a depressing turnout unfortunately.

JohnThrax said:
speaking of "rare songs", how often so they play Panic? I saw them play it, and I havent heard of them playing it since then

Not as often as they should. They did it at least once with Bush in Chicago, opening for Dio. They played it the second night in Chicago at the beginning of the reunion, and it was awesome.

hey new here joined today :headbang: HI EVERYBODY [in dr nick accent] i think john bush wrotre lyrics for catharsis as well as writing words and music for harms way off threat is real.DONT WANT TO BECONTOVERSIAL ON MY FIRST DAY THO!!!!

t-rave said:
I think it helped lead to the reunion..The current line up was not gaining momentum fast enough for the band and they probobly gave up on it...If WCFYA and GOTE sold assloads this reunion would probobly never would have happened...It's sad because of the amount of touring they put into WCFYA and being such a solid album it should have sold more.
Ummmm, is Alive 2 and No Hit Wonders selling assloads?

I recon joey would nail the bush catalogue. Before you heard Milk, you probably wouldnt have tought that was a good idea, but i recon the thrax version kicks the SOD version.

Joey is just a fucking good vocalist, with an origional style, sure his versions of the bush stuff would sound different, and in some cases not better, but there are some songs Bush sucked at too.

reidie said:
I recon joey would nail the bush catalogue. Before you heard Milk, you probably wouldnt have tought that was a good idea, but i recon the thrax version kicks the SOD version.

Joey is just a fucking good vocalist, with an origional style, sure his versions of the bush stuff would sound different, and in some cases not better, but there are some songs Bush sucked at too.

Very good example! That indeed would be a song not many people would think Joey could sing but he did it and it sounds awesome!

I personally didn't like GOTE... I prefer the originals much more... I also though MOMD was pretty weak... The only reason that I would like Joey to sing some of John's songs is for the fans that liked those songs and want to hear them.. I personally don't like them so I could care less...

Arg_Hamster said:
I have changed my mind, if Joey is to sing a Bush song, I wanna hear "Random acts of senseless violence" or "Crush".

Amen to that. Joeys register would beter suit Random acts...I can also hear him doing a Killer American Pompeii and Hy Pro Glo too. Not sure about Crush though...:err:

Carcassian said:
Amen to that. Joeys register would beter suit Random acts...I can also hear him doing a Killer American Pompeii and Hy Pro Glo too. Not sure about Crush though...:err:
Not sure about any of those, in fact I would run away screaming. And such and such.

Thrillho said:
All I'm gonna say is I wish people would stop making new threads just to start shit. If you go back the last 87 posts were made just for that reason. We don't need new ones.

I'm sick of you people arguing over stupid ass shit. Can't we just talk about titties and beer?

Titties and Beer? Maybe you should try the Megadeth message board.

t-rave said:
I bought GOTE only because I am a die hard fan..I hate when bands try to rewrite / erase history...it never seems to pan out right... this was definitley Anthrax's lowest point IMHO....
I'd have to say thier lowest point is right now.

No mangling, whatsoever, anywhere IMO. No rewriting or anything of that sorts. No, denying of history, it is always and has been embraced.
There is no Be All, End All to this giant fiasco that has been brewing for a while. :cry: BTW, a brew sounds really good right now. C-YA.:kickass: