Does belladonna do Bush era songs?

Rise said:
Yup the band really did a number on belladona when he left. I was actually surprised he would want to come back.

Surprised??? Seriously??? Come on, the guy was playing shit ass bars to like 125 people. I'm sure the decision wasn't hard for him at all.

And I pray to God they never let him do any Bush era songs, he'd murder those like he did Deathrider.

Yeah, so I didnt expect so much Bush vs belladonna BS to the question, but I know we all feel differently about it.

I think my biggest beef with the whole thing is when I saw them the 3 times before all this shit started, I was given a pretty good mix of old and new stuff. Now it seems i am limited to the stuff from when only Joey was here.

I have no issue with Joey as a singer, and yeah, I like the stuff from his time. But if you went to any concert and they only played stuff from one particular "ERA" of their band I would be pissed.

Yeah I know, you can stretch that statement more that Brittney Spears asshole, but lets think that a good goddamn portion of their music, has NO CHANCE of seeing the setlist. And that is what makes it so goddamn frustrating. Imangie AC/DC only playing.... well you get it.

Thanks for the info, I have a lot to chew on.

Oh, ok so I finished reading the rest of the post,

BTW... it was a "Reunion" tour over a year ago.

In my thoughts it no longer is, I dont care who is singing, it's an.... "Anthrax tour where we will only have available to you fans, a choice of us playing 1/2 our songs." They are damn good songs, but going out on a reunion thing as an excuse, no thanks.

Black Thirteen said:
I have never said that our last 4 records weren't real. Where are you getting that? WCFYA is our best album. SOWN and VOL 8 are right there with ATL.
Joey has never told us he wouldn't sing John's songs. We've never asked. We are on a reunion tour. We're playing the songs from that era. If we have new material after this, and we tour again, then this is a conversation.

if you were referring to what I said... I wasn't talking about you... from what I've seen, you and Charlie have been classy and respectful about the issue throughout this period of confusion and what not... I was referring to some of the fans, and the types of things Joey and Danny say every so often in interviews

I've seen great shows from both line ups, I'm just looking forward to new tunes and an expanded set list that hopefully touches at least a little on all aspects of the bands history. WCFYA is my favorite Thrax album of all time. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can pull off another one like that with either guy singing.

I'm just amazed Scott still bothers to read Joey Vs. John threads!!! God knows I try not to.

Cheers for the input, Black

To be honest i dont think there is alot of room in the current setlist of bush era material, sure only, room for one more, hy pro glo, what doesnt die, inside out etc. etc. are great songs but what are you going to get rid of?? Im the man.....?

Past that there isnt alot that you would want to cut - especially with Joey fronting

The intent of this post was not to be a vs thread, god knows i've read enough of those.

I just wanted to know what to ... or if I decide not to, expect on this showing.

As I said, this isnt about John vs Joey. I would like to see if this is a REUNION tour, then FOCUS more on the older stuff, but still do some of the last 4 albums worth of material, and then go business as usual. Reguardless of whos is singing, I dont feel like paying for half of an Anthrax concert. Because that seems to be all I will be getting.

Rise said:
True not enough respect is given to john boy but not every one likes him or anthrax direction.

Reunion bashers can piss and moan about joey being back but i cannot see another way for anthrax to continue for the time being. John wanted time with his kid which is fully understandable. Would you like to leave your newly born kid for X months to play gigs i wouldnt.So that ruled him out for a good year & a year of doing jack hurts a band & anthrax in that state after WHCFYA & GOTE could not take that year out IMHO.

They had to find a way of getting out there & what better way than get Dan & joey back & its paid off people are coming to shows wanting to see them, with a few numbskull "that only go to look down on this lineup" & leave pissed off.
Just do'nt give me that crap about the baby... Charlie has a yonger child, and he's touring. John quit because he was put into a position where he couldn't do otherwise, thanks to Mr. Benante and Mr. Ian. Anyway, where's that new album, "new real Anthrax album"? Fuck the album, has been there at least a single newly created song played during this over-a-year-old collaboration?

Karina_666 said:
Hypothectical question. Say you were the lead singer of a band for 8 or so years. All of a sudden the musical climate changes and you're sacked in favor of someone who sounds more "modern." Upon your return to the band 13 years later for a reunion, would you really be itching to sing the other guys songs? This is different than Bruce singing Blaze Bailey songs, or Paul Dianno songs. The guy was sacked with no warning. Give the guy a fuckin' break. A lot of Bush-era fans act as if Anthrax owes them something. If you don't like the way they are doing things, start your own band and do it your way. The band has been providing us with music for over 20 years. No one ever twisted my arm to buy an Anthrax record. They've been around longer than most bands and really, they were with John for 13 years. You had plenty of opportunities to hear that shit.

Yup... start your own band if u don't like it:lol:

Narynan@comcast.net said:
I dont care who is singing, it's an.... "Anthrax tour where we will only have available to you fans, a choice of us playing 1/2 our songs." They are damn good songs, but going out on a reunion thing as an excuse, no thanks.

Don't go if you don't want to, but I'll assure you that if you go, you'll get the whole fucking show!!

Karina_666 said:
and how do you know Joey couldn't sing John's stuff? I got nothing against John Bush, but I never saw what the big deal was. He's good. He certainly isn't great or unique or anything to write home about.

thats funny, thats how i feel about the "savior of Anthrax" Joey belladonna. Even though i grew up on joey anthrax....i am sorry being stuck in the 80's aint cool no more. And everyone talks that bush was so modern....am i wrong or did he start up saint somewhere around 83? Instead of being modern, i think he was ahead of his time.oh well, ateast i got to see john bush anthrax do fucking hostile and walk with vinny paul on drums.....i cant complain.

SMP840 said:
thats funny, thats how i feel about the "savior of Anthrax" Joey belladonna. Even though i grew up on joey anthrax....i am sorry being stuck in the 80's aint cool no more. And everyone talks that bush was so modern....am i wrong or did he start up saint somewhere around 83? Instead of being modern, i think he was ahead of his time.oh well, ateast i got to see john bush anthrax do fucking hostile and walk with vinny paul on drums.....i cant complain.
Right on! There are a lot of Bush era fans on this mb that still have hope of new material & future tours with the WCFYA line-up. I've seen them play Parasite on the Vol 8 tour. Killer:headbang:

You know, I hate to bring this crap up again, but are you guys shure Joey is really the problem? Even though I have no desire to see it, I bet you Joey would sing Bush songs if he was asked to. I think Spitz on the other hand, would not even bother. Spitz is very cocky, Joey is pretty humble. Spitz is the one who claims to dislike the Bush stuff so much. I know Joey probably would not be thrilled, but I'm saying I bet he would atleast consider it. I bet Spitz would absolutley refuse. I mean no dis-respect to Spitz, it's just that he always rubbed me the wrong way and he comes off to be a little crazy and very cocky - I think he would provide the most oposition to hearing Bush songs with the ATL lineup. I bet Scott and Frank and Charlie are itching to play some WCFYA and SOWN stuff.

Thrillho said:
I bet Scott and Frank and Charlie are itching to play some WCFYA and SOWN stuff.

I agree - I'm sure Charlie would love to bust out the intro to Only of What Doesn't Die, and Scott would love to pound out the first few chords to Safe Home or Fueled.

Rise said:
True not enough respect is given to john boy but not every one likes him or anthrax direction.

Reunion bashers can piss and moan about joey being back but i cannot see another way for anthrax to continue for the time being.
Yeah, you're totally correct. How could they possibly continue after producing the best album of their entire career? :Smug:

squirrel.jpg

Big squirrel Bollox!

Wasnt most of sown written with Joey in mind? I might be wrong I dunno. As much as I never want to hear Joey do John songs I think that with his current voice he could pull some of it off ok.

whitey131 said:
why would I go see a band play when I'm 100% sure that over half of my favorite songs aren't going to get played.
"but I've seen the reunion stuff 3 times in Chicago."

YOU LOVE IT & YOU KNOW IT