They Let Jonh Bush Mangle Most Of The Belladonna Era Catalog...

Carcassian said:
Amen to that. Joeys register would beter suit Random acts...I can also hear him doing a Killer American Pompeii and Hy Pro Glo too. Not sure about Crush though...:err:

I want a bit of challenge, he should try songs that have rough vocals, maybe "Tester" and "Givin the horns".

Personally there's so many songs I wanna hear from the FOM-Killer B's period, that I could honestly care less if they played stuff from the Bush era ever again.

strik9 said:
Personally there's so many songs I wanna hear from the FOM-Killer B's period, that I could honestly care less if they played stuff from the Bush era ever again.

I definitely miss the Bush-era, so I disagree with you there.

BUT, I agree there's a lot of old songs I want to hear more than I want to hear Joey singing John-era songs. I think in January they might start playing some more obscure songs. We'll see. I want to hear "Skeleton in the Closet." :headbang:

jdelpi said:
Not as often as they should. They did it at least once with Bush in Chicago, opening for Dio. They played it the second night in Chicago at the beginning of the reunion, and it was awesome.
I saw them play it with Bush and Rob at the pre Dio tour "warm-up show"
In the liner notes of TGO2E, Scott talks about going to that show in Clifton Park (REPRESENT! CP and ALBANY!) and I was really pumped to see them play it.

jdelpi said:
I definitely miss the Bush-era, so I disagree with you there.

BUT, I agree there's a lot of old songs I want to hear more than I want to hear Joey singing John-era songs. I think in January they might start playing some more obscure songs. We'll see. I want to hear "Skeleton in the Closet." :headbang:
To each their own dude. I agree if Anthrax does a headlining tour of North America in the new year I think we'll hear some more obscure songs as well. I was totally pleased when I saw 'em with Priest last week, but of course there are other songs I'd LOVE to hear! I want to hear Time live in person SO bad! I'd also love to hear One Man Stands! :kickass:

lovehunter said:
Agreed. Hyproglo on the high pitch? :err: :cry: :puke::err:

...well, if you've heard Joeys vocals these days, you'll notice that his pitch has dropped with age, but not his ability to sing in key, or with real gusto.

I love the original Hy Pro Glo, but I think that Joey could really "Metal" it up again, and make it sound less "alternative" metal.

Joeys voice has matured nicely (which you can evidence from the version of "I am the law" on Alive 2 - compare and contrast it with the version on MOMD (particularly on "mega city was bombed to the floor" :yuk: