Does belladonna do Bush era songs?

spitzs lazy eye said:
"but I've seen the reunion stuff 3 times in Chicago."

YOU LOVE IT & YOU KNOW IT

Persoanlly, I like Bush better but Joey is good as well. I just don't want to see the same set again when there are many great songs to pic from on their more current albums.

ThraxEm said:
Wasnt most of sown written with Joey in mind? I might be wrong I dunno. As much as I never want to hear Joey do John songs I think that with his current voice he could pull some of it off ok.
I've always read that they got together with John and wrote Only in an hour; and that John took the job and said he'd have creative input.

John did not want to leave the band to spend time with his kid....he didn't just quit on them and then they got Joey back...it didn't happen like that. John wanted to continue on with WCFYA's momentum and record the followup...he'd have plenty of time to spend with his new child when they were recording. They got the Joey reunion idea...actually, they were going to try with two singers and take both singers out on this tour. But they already tried that in 1998 when the Greatest Hits record came out and Joey fucked them over at the last minute and didn't do it. John wanted to back then. But after it didn't pan out the first time, the band had a rebirth and WCFYA was their best record ever and did some amazing touring. Then they suggested the double tour again, and John didn't want to do it at that point. Joey's chance had already came and went. But, John refused, so it became a reunion tour instead of a dual singer tour. They chose a guy who was in the band for 7 years for what seemed like a lifetime ago over a guy who was a good friend and in the band for over 13 years.

I've seen both lineups and prefer the Belladonna era. Watching bush sing alot of the old stuff was painful to me, he just doesn't have the range. His lower register kicked ass on some of it, and He may have made them a little heavier, but hearing him do madhouse and a.i.r...ugh.
Can you imagine him doing Medusa?

slowdeath said:
I've seen both lineups and prefer the Belladonna era. Watching bush sing alot of the old stuff was painful to me, he just doesn't have the range. His lower register kicked ass on some of it, and He may have made them a little heavier, but hearing him do madhouse and a.i.r...ugh.

Great, but the point of this thread was if they were doing any of the bush era songs with Joey on tour.

I am still waiting to see this reunion... I would be totally happy seeing all teh classics.. I wouldn't care if Joey sand a Bush era track here and there either for the people who like it.. I personally can't can't get into the shit but that is me...

slowdeath said:

Honestly not. But the question is how many Bushthrax songs would fit to Joey's voice as compared with the fact how many Bellthrax songs fit to John's voice... Having the voice range doesn't even ensure a good interpretation of Bushthrax songs.

jackfromczech said:
Honestly not. But the question is how many Bushthrax songs would fit to Joey's voice as compared with the fact how many Bellthrax songs fit to John's voice... Having the voice range doesn't even ensure a good interpretation of Bushthrax songs.

Well, let's find out dammit. Anthrax is going to be here in July with Zombie, maybe they'll throw a couple of Bush songs in.

Jacowboy said:
Umm... I wan't aware they ever ignored the Belladona years when Bush was in the band... They even did that re-recorded CD "The Greater of Two Evils", remember that one? Hardly seems like ignoring that era... :Smug:

Fucking A right !!

Black Thirteen said:
I have never said that our last 4 records weren't real. Where are you getting that? WCFYA is our best album. SOWN and VOL 8 are right there with ATL.
Joey has never told us he wouldn't sing John's songs. We've never asked. We are on a reunion tour. We're playing the songs from that era. If we have new material after this, and we tour again, then this is a conversation.

I know I've hit this thread heavy here at one time, but.....

You are touring again, with Zombie, and if I go I will see the same set I saw the last two times. I love ATL, maybe one of the best records ever, but to watch you guys and not here anything from SOWN, VOL8 or S442 is just sad. Hasn't Joey been learning any of these? Isn't it inevitable he will have to sing them eventually?

Would anybody expect Ozzy to sing anything from those that followed him in Sabbath? I'll admit that the Sabbath set grew stale but those guys had good tunes they wouldn't even play. Probably because Ozzy's voice no longer had that higher register. Personally, there are a few tracks from the Bush era I would enjoy hearing Joey do, but I've heard every Bush album and they're overall just not very good IMO. If this reunion set is getting boring to Charlie and Scott there are lots of other songs to choose from. Or, get a new album out.
And drop that damn piece of shit "I'm the man" from the set.

Hey guys, read the following carefully:

Joey has never told us he wouldn't sing John's songs. We've never asked. We are on a reunion tour. We're playing the songs from that era. If we have new material after this, and we tour again, then this is a conversation.

So if you expect they will play some Bushthrax songs, you're wrong. They're going to play the same song over and over again.
And another highlight from the Scott's quote is an impeachment of a new record: If we have new material..... Sorry guys but Scott was never so unsure about the future of Anthrax when John Bush was in the band...

Karina_666 said:
Hypothectical question. Say you were the lead singer of a band for 8 or so years. All of a sudden the musical climate changes and you're sacked in favor of someone who sounds more "modern." Upon your return to the band 13 years later for a reunion, would you really be itching to sing the other guys songs? This is different than Bruce singing Blaze Bailey songs, or Paul Dianno songs. The guy was sacked with no warning. Give the guy a fuckin' break. A lot of Bush-era fans act as if Anthrax owes them something. If you don't like the way they are doing things, start your own band and do it your way. The band has been providing us with music for over 20 years. No one ever twisted my arm to buy an Anthrax record. They've been around longer than most bands and really, they were with John for 13 years. You had plenty of opportunities to hear that shit.

Karina, you rule !!!!!!!

The guy's in Anthrax can't win with some fan's - if Joey sang a Bush song, without a doubt some people will start saying it is a 'slap in the face' for Bush.

I enjoy the Bush era stuff, and if I am desprate to hear a song with John's vocals I'll just stick a cd on or play MMOD on my DVD player. I can't say that I left the reunion concert I went to last year feeling dissapointed that only Fistful - POT tracks were played.

ThraxSA said:
I can't say that I left the reunion concert I went to last year feeling dissapointed that only Fistful - POT tracks were played.

But the question is not whether you liked any reunion show or didn't. I meant listening the same songs forever... It cannot work for a long time.

Jacowboy said:
Umm... I wan't aware they ever ignored the Belladona years when Bush was in the band... They even did that re-recorded CD "The Greater of Two Evils", remember that one? Hardly seems like ignoring that era... :Smug:

Now that I think about it again, isn't re-recording the old songswith the new lineup ignoring Joey? I like The Greater of Two Evils a lot, but I think that's the case if you think the worst of it.

jackfromczech said:
But the question is not whether you liked any reunion show or didn't. I meant listening the same songs forever... It cannot work for a long time.

It's not been that long. Do you really think the band wants to play the same songs forever? Of course not, but there's always new kids at every show who need to be taught the classics so they can become fans.:)