JOEY BELLADONNA SOLO DATES

Wow, I had no idea. Checking out the track listing for Sun Red Sun's first album, I see you are 100% correct. It's a trip to hear those songs with someone else's vocals: http://www.myspace.com/sunredsun - I prefer Joey's vocals obviously!

Yea, definitely weird, but Ray had a great voice and I heard the Sun Red Sun stuff long before Joey released his versions. I like Joey's versions better though.

I didn't think the production was bad, but then again, many people are a lot more attuned to that than I am.

You can hear snippets of each song at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/deadly-night-shade/id370962551

Unfortunately, the title track snippet doesn't hit the chorus, which is the most compelling part of the song for me.
The production was horrible. The guitars weren't high enough in the mix, they were toned down, and the drums (especially the kick) didn't have enough of a snap sound.

There were actually 2 versions that Alex did at Pyramid, one with how it should have been and the one the way Joey wanted it (to showcase his voice). I have heard both and Joey really screwed up

I always thought that Sun Red Sun was that guitar player's whose name now escapes me and Ray Gillen's project...Ray got sick and Joey was brought to help with the vocals...I have both Sun Red Sun CDs...Not Joey's versions of those song though...

...is Joey going to sing his solo stuff or just Anthrax?

T:)

...is Joey going to sing his solo stuff or just Anthrax?

When he's not in Anthrax, Joey's solo shows are typically 2/3 Anthrax songs and 1/3 solo songs. I don't know if that ratio changes at all when he's in Anthrax.

6er is no real Joey fanboy, half a year ago he considered Bush to be the right singer for Anthrax.

My bad. I only started reading this board daily a few months ago, so I was unaware of his backstory. I only saw his recent shenanigans :yuk:

it looks like 6er (some like to call him Scott Ian) decided to never ever gonna post again, maybe he's too busy with playing poker or persuading John to re-think his decision not to join Anthrax as a permanent singer by telling him "John, you are the right singer for Anthrax, i can't imagine recording a new album without your voice and there's some unfinished business between us"? *lol*

At this point all I want is the old school riffs and tempo. As long as its like POT part 2 I don't care if Joey, John, or Big Bird sings on it

no it's johnnie, wrong thread.

another one, if you look close enough you can see johnnie in the crowd with...:

Last edited by a moderator: