Is JOEY BELLADONNA In Talks To Rejoin ANTHRAX In Time For 'Big Four' Dates?

I met John and he was as cool as hell. He talked to me for like 5 minutes even though there were a lot of other people to talk to as well. You probably caught him on a really bad day.

I'm not really MAD at Anthrax this time, because if these rumors are true, it's because John backed out. I know they wanted him back - he just basically wants to retire it seems. Sucks ass, but there's not much they could do.

Too bad that I just fucking hate Joey's voice...because it completely ruins the band for me.

It's John or a new singer for mine. Joey is a complete step backward. If he comes back, kiss goodbye to some of our favourite material live..... Only, What Doesn't Die, Safe Home, Room For One More, Fuelled...... it would all be gone for good.

It's John or a new singer for mine. Joey is a complete step backward. If he comes back, kiss goodbye to some of our favourite material live..... Only, What Doesn't Die, Safe Home, Room For One More, Fuelled...... it would all be gone for good.

Pretty much and even if they did play it, it would sound terrible.

If they bring back Belladonna once more,I'm done with this band.Bush is the man!!!O.k,maybe he doesn't want to came back on full time,but how can you even think about bringing back Belladonna again??!!!Find a new singer,some new blood,somebody fucking heavy.Not Belladonna....!!!THIS GUY IS ONE OF THE WORST VOICE'S IN METAL!!!

If they bring back Belladonna once more,I'm done with this band.Bush is the man!!!O.k,maybe he doesn't want to came back on full time,but how can you even think about bringing back Belladonna again??!!!Find a new singer,some new blood,somebody fucking heavy.Not Belladonna....!!!THIS GUY IS ONE OF THE WORST VOICE'S IN METAL!!!

Well, I never thought I'd be defending them....but Joey is the right decision if John backed out. There's not enough time to find a new singer in time for the Big 4 shows, and if John isn't doing it (though he said he was, so this makes no sense), Joey is the option that makes the most sense. Even if I can't stand his voice. I personally think they need new blood who can sing both singers' material to move forward...but that's not going to happen overnight.

Well, I never thought I'd be defending them....but Joey is the right decision if John backed out. There's not enough time to find a new singer in time for the Big 4 shows, and if John isn't doing it (though he said he was, so this makes no sense), Joey is the option that makes the most sense. Even if I can't stand his voice. I personally think they need new blood who can sing both singers' material to move forward...but that's not going to happen overnight.

Yeah they're always writing "modern" heavy metal for the new albums so sticking with Joey would not fit for moving forward.
And ALSO your MOTHERFUCKERS need to STOP talking as if John is out. STOP!

I say this with love :headbang: and :kickass: and also.... :puke:

Yeah they're always writing "modern" heavy metal for the new albums so sticking with Joey would not fit for moving forward.
And ALSO your MOTHERFUCKERS need to STOP talking as if John is out. STOP!

I say this with love :headbang: and :kickass: and also.... :puke:

It's got nothing to do with what they're writing. They could write an album that Belladonna could sing on. But Belladonna can't sing the John Bush era stuff, IMO. Playing that stuff is an essential part of moving forward as a band without pretending 13 years never existed.

Kickass seems like I am about to buy some ANTHRAX tickets again......

John Cyriis is back in Agent Steel too, now take them as an supportact just like on the old 1987 VHS from Germany!

sonds good to me,just get a singer for christs sake lol.bella sounds like a damn good choice for big 4 shows,will give them plenty of popularity in europe,they will destroy all the other bands hand down!!!

:lol: Just when you thought stability was coming back...

Personally i think the big 4 shows would be a more credible reflection of the best 4 bands in thrash at their peak with Joey on vox... The big 4 wasnt the big 4 in the 90's - it was a bunch of thrash bands trying to reinvent themselves to stay relevent....oh and and slayer! :heh:

But seriously, if this is true, i can't wait to hear the crap spew from scott and charlies mouths about getting back together with joey, and how the re-reunited lineup is the strongest lineup anthrax has ever had etc. :erk:

more shit from blabbermouth

''who has stated a number of times in the past that he is a close personal friend of ANTHRAX bassist Frank Bello — wrote the following on his blog on May 4, 2010:

"Tons of rumors about Joey Belladonna going back to ANTHRAX. I can tell you this is NOT confirmed. Not saying not possible, just not 100%.''

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139630

I can't believe it... but I can see Joey more committed with Anthrax in a future than Bush. This is a shit, I won't support this band anymore if Joey is back, I won't buy their records and I won't go to their shows. They are joking at our faces with this endless shit.

Like Public Enemy used to say "Don't believe the hype" ...at least I can not believe this rumour or bad joke. "John Bush is the voice of Anthrax"

Scott, Charlie and Frank - show some dignity and loyalty for your fans deny this bullshit!

T:)

BRING BACK BUSH!

If you look at the dates...it seems that they are doing some in June (they would spend 2 weeks in Europe)...then they could go back to States for July and come back in August (for a week or so...)...shouldn't that be OK for John and his family?

T:)

BRING BACK BUSH!

This shit not being dismissed within a few days only leads to one conclusion...

I hope, I'm wrong. Wanted to see them with Bush for many years but every time I got to see them, Belladonna was in the band. I like Joey but god-damn... every time you think this travesty of a once great band couldn't get worse, here we go again.

Those are his solo dates - the Anthrax dates are set a week later...

Some people are making it sound like Joey is the worst singer in Metal when he's the direct opposite (well wouldn't really call him the best either). I don't know if people are in denial or what, but here's the fact: Joey is a better SINGER (Note I said Singer not Shouter) for Anthrax. With wild fast music playing in the background it's very easy to shout and scream along with the music and label yourself a vocalist - what made Joey (as well as some other East Coast thrash Metal vocalists around at the time) stand out was the fact that they actually put more effort into SINGING. Not only is he a better SINGER but the classic line-up is Anthrax's most popular line-up - if I mention Anthrax people immediately snap to "Madhouse" "Caught In A Mosh" - it's very rare for someone to think of "Only" "Room for One More" first.

That being said - I am slightly disappointed in John Bush's lack of interest in touring, It was because of Bush I even became a fan of Anthrax. Then again it's not like anyone really screwed John over in the past, back in '05 they could've have done the special tour (with both Joey AND John singing) and we would have probably had a follow-up to to WCFYA - it was John's decision to back out (maybe he didn't feel comfortable about Joey out-singing him - okay okay I'll stop lol). Recently Anthrax have been doing everything in their power to get Bush back but to be honest I don't think he even wants to come back.

If Joey were to come back - I don't want it to be the Ozzy-Sabbath juke-box-Hero-like reunion show, it should be Anthrax with Joey in 2010. I wanna see Joey perform "Only" "Fueled" "Packaged Rebellion" even "Fight 'Em 'till you Can't" see him sing some songs out of his era (sorta like when Bruce Dickinson and Matt Barlow returned to their bands). If not then let us get some brand new songs as a sign that they CAN move forward with a classic line-up

I don't know what happened with Dan Nelson but Anthrax seemed to be doing great with him fronting the band but you know what? Fuck it put Scott and Frankie on the mic - I have a headache