Is JOEY BELLADONNA In Talks To Rejoin ANTHRAX In Time For 'Big Four' Dates?

bzh

New Metal Member
Jan 28, 2005
France
Former ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna was seen this past Wednesday (April 28) at the FOZZY concert at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City with ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello, prompting speculation that he is in talks to rejoin the band in time for the group's upcoming "Big Four" shows in Europe with METALLICA, MEGADETH and SLAYER. Belladonna also got up on stage and performed a cover version of the RUSH classic "Tom Sawyer" with the Brooklyn, New York-based trio ZO2, which provided support at the FOZZY gig.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139492

I somehow doubt Anthrax is dumb enough to try this AGAIN after talking getting back with Bush up so much over the last year. If they do this, I am truly done with this band.

I have a feeling that maybe Charlie and Frankie were in New York to see The Damned Things...and Joey lives in New York. No reason why they couldnt hang out and be civil - doesn't mean they are asking him to sing for them. and apparently Bush has committed to the Big 4 shows.

for God's shake

NO!!!!

Keep John Bush, if Joey is back again, I'll burn all my Anthrax collection with gasoline.

They might want Joey to come out and sing a couple of songs at these Big 4 shows. Id be happy if it was just John there though.

I have a feeling that maybe Charlie and Frankie were in New York to see The Damned Things...and Joey lives in New York. No reason why they couldnt hang out and be civil - doesn't mean they are asking him to sing for them. and apparently Bush has committed to the Big 4 shows.

LOl you think Charlie and Joey are that good friends? could be but I find it hard to believe....

I believe The Damned Things play NY on June 1 (The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn to be exact). They were all hanging out at the Fozzy show as the article states as well as at Webster Hall after Fozzy for the Pearl show where Scott Ian was playing guitar. Would be cool to have Belladonna back in the band. Maybe they can do it right this time.

I somehow doubt Anthrax is dumb enough to try this AGAIN after talking getting back with Bush up so much over the last year. If they do this, I am truly done with this band.

I would appreciate seeing him back with Anthrax at least for a few shows, it must be kept in mind that Bush always was somehow vague about a long-term commitment, did just a few shows and maybe just has other things to do.... However, it is probably pure speculation, they only visited a show and Anthrax is not Pantera where the members in the end just hated each other.

That would be cool if Joey would come back - Probably performing a few fan favorites with Joey on stage... when it's all over John can continue with Anthrax or back out like he did in the past. The Big Four shows should show Anthrax hit the stage with their best line-up or better yet with both the old and current members in one show

for God's shake

NO!!!!

Keep John Bush, if Joey is back again, I'll burn all my Anthrax collection with gasoline.

For God-sakes, THIS! I'm sick of this wishy-wshy crap with Anthrax. It's kind of sad, really. Please, Scott And Charlie, keep what little integrity you have left and don't go through with another "reunion" if that's what this is really about :erk:

We've got 2 possibilities here:

1) A co-incidence. There were just in the same place at the same time and someone has started the rumour due to having fuck all else to do.
2) John just really isn't into a new record or doing extensive touring (which he's publicly stated already) and the guys are (still) looking for a new singer. Remember, John hasn't officially rejoined.

The biggest problem with Anthrax is that they let this sort of shit run on without any clarification. Now, I personally don't wanna know what Frankie shits after breakfast, or what Charlie whacks off to when on tour - I'm sure some of you out there do want to know, and fair game - but for these sorts of rumours when no one really does have a clue whats going on, it would nice to see a little stability and the band clearing up a the stories so that we can all get back to <whatever-we-do-best>.

And now, I'm going back to hammering one off to Cheetara.

We've got 2 possibilities here:

1) A co-incidence. There were just in the same place at the same time and someone has started the rumour due to having fuck all else to do.
2) John just really isn't into a new record or doing extensive touring (which he's publicly stated already) and the guys are (still) looking for a new singer. Remember, John hasn't officially rejoined.

The biggest problem with Anthrax is that they let this sort of shit run on without any clarification. Now, I personally don't wanna know what Frankie shits after breakfast, or what Charlie whacks off to when on tour - I'm sure some of you out there do want to know, and fair game - but for these sorts of rumours when no one really does have a clue whats going on, it would nice to see a little stability and the band clearing up a the stories so that we can all get back to <whatever-we-do-best>.

And now, I'm going back to hammering one off to Cheetara.

A co-incidence....I don't think so, as some stated here or I saw somewhwere else. Charlie lives in Chicago and Joey is from upstate NY, why would they all be in town at the same time and at the same place?

I truly feel like something is up. John never committed to anything and refuses to because he doesn't want to tour. He wants to be home with the family. Plus I hear he does voice over work now and Burger King Commercials. I am sure he is making more money doing that, than what Anthrax could ever offer him. I think him playing the few select shows this past year with Thrax was just to help some friends out.

I personally would love to see Joey back and have a tour and new music done properly. I think the management that handled the reunion tour did a horrible job and that whole reunion was mismanaged. Not sure if they are still with that manager or have new management. But Anthrax needs to get their act together!

I hope it's true... JoeyThrax is the only Anthrax for me!! Having Bush sing with Anthrax during the Big Four just doesn't seem right to me..

I would kill to see Joey play with Anthrax again. I missed it last time..

Oh come on, it's from Blabbermouth... they'll take the most mundane event and turn it into a rumour on a slow day where they have nothing to say...

would be really dissapointed if this happens but to tell the truth, just want them to do something. Come out and say this is what we are doing!!, and that be it. Sick of all the legal, secret bull shit. been along time since they have done that...

They're going to play all of POT to mark 20 years. Wait. Was it 89 or 90? Joey records kick ass too, I'd love to see this. Can't believe they made a record with Dan Nelson. Maybe they're hard to work with but they're realizing they were part of a movement in the 80's that the big four were known for.

Megadeth is on their game right now btw. Metallica better do their homework. Last time I saw them, they were just okay. And when I saw them in va beach in the early to mid 00's, they were downright horrible. A pissed off and fully recharged Joey fronted line up would kick ass. So would a Bush fronted one. In a perfect world they could do two sets. But we all know the outcome of the previous attempts at that.

God I hope this is bullshit. I never cared for Joey's voice. Don't get me wrong, the music from that era rules...just can't stand the vocals. John Bush is at least 50% of the reason why I'm an Anthrax fan. You take that 50% away and add a singer that I completely cannot stand, that takes away from the remaining 50%. I was really looking forward to them moving forward with John. I really hope this is just a bullshit rumor.

John DID say in the last 2 or 3 interviews that he has committed to these european festival shows. And I don't see Anthrax doing anything to jeapordize that after wanting John back so badly...unless he backed out for some reason. And generally he is a pretty honorable guy so I doubt that.

The way I see it - someone is spreading rumors just because Joey, Charlie and Frankie all happened to be at the show of a mutual friend, Chris Jericho. Big deal. Of course they would hang out and talk if they ran into each other. They aren't enemies, of course they'd be civil.

I just wish someone would DENY this instead of letting us speculate. The only thing that gives this rumor credibiltiy is the fact that nobody has denyed it. And that's really starting to bug me. Makes no fucking sense whatsoever unless John decided to back out.