Anthrax is my favorite band from the big four now.

Let's face it.

There is a vibe that Anthrax are back (not that I felt they ever were gone but you know what I mean) and I honestly haven't felt this good about the band since the early 1990s (that's not to discredit anything after POT as I love Bush and own all those era albums) but there is something undeniably big that our beloved band are on the cusp of me thinks.

The social media buzz alone is freaking amazing. I haven't seen Slayer or Megadeth get so much mainstream & social media love as Anthrax did - and all this for releasing just one song!!!

It's almost like Fight Em Til You Can't is the start of a massive watershed for this band.

I think we are in for a fucking treat come September and hopefully this puts our band back on the forefront of metal circles once again.

Opinions aside - we gotta be happy with that ;-)

But even if it's not "successful", if you dig the album, please buy it and support the band. :) As long as I like this record, I care not if it becomes a sort of metal "hit." I hope it does, for their sake, of course. Hopefully it's a superb album. It seems it will be no less than good!

I personally get annoyed with long haired dudes headbanging like 80's glam rock stars. I don't want to see that shit. That dude in Megadeth acts like a chick on stage with his head going back and forth, he looks like he should be in whitesnake or some shit. That ruins it for me.

I think bands that headbang just because it is 'what you are supposed to do' is rediculous.

But the worst thing ever is some dude standing next to you at a show with long hair that headbangs whipping his hair back and forth hitting people infront of him and in back of him. This type of guy you can tell practices his headbanging techniques in the mirror prior to his show.

There is a fine line between being 'cool' and being a glam rock fag

Headbanging has always been a part of thrash, so...............

"Fight Em" is definately an AWESOME song.. But I gotta give the edge to "World Painted Blood"

"Fight Em" is definately an AWESOME song.. But I gotta give the edge to "World Painted Blood"

I'd second that. But I am also a huge Slayer fan. World Painted Blood is very fast, heavy, and aggressive, all of the things I would expect from a legendary Thrash metal band

I love the intro

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, World Painted Blood is the first Slayer record since Seasons in the Abyss that I feel has really been worth it. Sure, there have been a few gems here and there, but most of their music since Seasons has been boring to me.

As far as Anthrax being the best of the Big 4 right now, I don't know if I agree, but at least they do more live than just stand there. Live, I'd probably go with Anthrax followed by Metallica; but musically, I'd probably go with Megadeth. Personal opinion, don't take it too seriously.

Fight 'Em is good, and it does the job it was intended to do; I want to hear the rest of the record.

Honestly, World Painted Blood is the first Slayer record since Seasons in the Abyss that I feel has really been worth it. Sure, there have been a few gems here and there, but most of their music since Seasons has been boring to me.

As far as Anthrax being the best of the Big 4 right now, I don't know if I agree, but at least they do more live than just stand there. Live, I'd probably go with Anthrax followed by Metallica; but musically, I'd probably go with Megadeth. Personal opinion, don't take it too seriously.

Fight 'Em is good, and it does the job it was intended to do; I want to hear the rest of the record.

Good to hear you enjoyed WPB. It's a fine record.

I still rate Christ Illusion as Slayer's most under-rated record, and certainly my fave since Seasons.

Good to hear you enjoyed WPB. It's a fine record.

I still rate Christ Illusion as Slayer's most under-rated record, and certainly my fave since Seasons.

Christ Illusion is a very good album, so is divine intervention and god hates us all. The only Slayer album I really don't like is Diabolus.

+1

That being said, WPB and Divine Intervention are the shit. God Hates and Christ Illusion weren't really my thing. Interesting how we all love the first five albums but can't agree on the other ones.

hahah

Love all the old shit..

Divine Intervention was retty good
Diabolica Musica is my least favorite
God Hates Us All was awesome
Christ Illusions was pretty weak
War Painted Blood is pretty weak.. Although the title track is insane..

WPB and CI could grow on me at some point who knows.. Slayer songs have a habbit of just all of a sudden jumping out at you.

hahah

Love all the old shit..

Divine Intervention was retty good
Diabolica Musica is my least favorite
God Hates Us All was awesome
Christ Illusions was pretty weak
War Painted Blood is pretty weak.. Although the title track is insane..

WPB and CI could grow on me at some point who knows.. Slayer songs have a habbit of just all of a sudden jumping out at you.

I find that the people who say Christ Illusion or World Painted Blood are 'boring' 'weak' etc don't even actually listen to it. Go listen to it about 10 times and get to know the songs and i am sure your opinion on those albums will change