who's your other favorite band?

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Okay so we're all big Thrax fans but who else do you listen to? My musical tastes are fucked up i love Slayer, old school Metallica and Megadeth but i also like the Beatles, Santana, Eric Clapton, and other Dad stuff. I also like a lot of metal bands that never made it "big", bands like The Almighty, Headswim and Therapy?....
So what do you like?

I have been listening to Lamb of God quite a bit lately, but my other favoruite bands have to be

1)the Ramones
2)Glenn Danzigs Misfits
3)Slayer
4)Pearl Jam
5)The Cure
6)NOFX
7)The Tragically Hip
8)Johnny Cash
9)Iron Maiden (pre 7th son)
10)Snoop Dogg/NWA/Dr Dre/

Current top 10 (poppy stuff):

1. Chromeo (Dave looks like Phil Lynott in the "Needy Girl"-video)
2. Londonbeat
3. Kjell Höglund
4. Laura Braningan (RIP)
5. The Shamen
6. Sparks
7. Simon & Garfunkel
8. Owe Thörnqvist (the king)
9. This Perfect Day
10. Wannadies

Current top 10 (hard rock/metal):

1. The Haunted.
2. Megadeth
3. Obituary
4. At The Gates
5. King´s X
6. Suicidal Tendencies
7. Entombed
8. Lamb Of God
9. Carcass
10. Faith No More

As another Scotsman, I'm proud to say AC/DC and Jethro Tull are my two favourite bands - see, Scotland CAN produce great musicians and songwriters!
Other than that I love Opeth, Vader, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, The Beatles, Def Leppard, Death, fuck I even like mid era Bon Jovi!
PS The Almight were a fucking good band, "Wild And Wonderful" is a great song!

TakinTheMusicBack said:
As another Scotsman, I'm proud to say AC/DC and Jethro Tull are my two favourite bands - see, Scotland CAN produce great musicians and songwriters!
Other than that I love Opeth, Vader, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, The Beatles, Def Leppard, Death, fuck I even like mid era Bon Jovi!
PS The Almight were a fucking good band, "Wild And Wonderful" is a great song!
Opeth.... i can't stand them.... o_O

It's really not an attempt at humor. I really like the first two albums. After that it gets a bit weak, but the first two are great. Honest!

Jockthrax said:
Okay so we're all big Thrax fans but who else do you listen to? My musical tastes are fucked up i love Slayer, old school Metallica and Megadeth but i also like the Beatles, Santana, Eric Clapton, and other Dad stuff. I also like a lot of metal bands that never made it "big", bands like The Almighty, Headswim and Therapy?....
So what do you like?
First, The Almighty were really good, I like Blood, Fire and Love and the self titled one they put out a few years ago. Headswim, Despite Yourself, great album, fills in the gap left when Radiohead went shit.
Just saw Biffy Clyro (from Scotland) the other night. What a great live band, have you seen them.

Current favs-
-funeral for a friend
-x is loaded
-lostprophets (go on, crucify me)
-hundred reasons
-instruction
-muse
-cooper temple clause
-million dead
-kinesis
-reuben

others-
-the wildhearts
-ac/dc
-zeppelin
-ryan adams
-3 colours red
-armored saint
-jeff buckley
-boston
-cheap trick
-pink floyd
That's enough, I could just keep going.

I was always partial to Slim Whitman Darby! Did ya know: I wrote a story in sixth grade ,'79-'80, called The Rock Monster who went on killing sprees when hearing AC/DC, Van Halen etc. and at the end was killed by the music of Ol' Slim? Now watch Mars Attacks by Tim Burton. I'm suing and having Anthrax play a private gig and everyone who frequents this board is invited:devil: :kickass:

I love so many bands(and I'm so old, 36) and have recently started to renew my interest in what's up and coming. Last time I did this there were bands like Tool, Smashing Pumpkins and Rage against the Machine. I hate cookie monster vox but went as far as enjoying Sepultura. I'm getting into Darkest Hour who are so fun to see live and just balls out with pieces of beat to shit equipment. DevilDriver are intense with cool guitars and fucked up lyrics. Atreyu so far so good and I have a Hatebreed CD and SoulFly but haven't listened to them yet. Velvet Revolver's CD is awesome and 'Fall to Pieces' is the worst and most fabricated song on there.(and it's not that horrible IMO). In between that spectrum I picked up a bunch of CD's I only had heard on the radio: Queens of the Stone Age, Disturbed, System of a Down (had Toxicity), Foo Fighters (they rule), Pennywise, Guttermouth and Tenacious D!

Slayer!