Other bands you listen to

dannee

The sky is on fire !!!
May 24, 2003
mevasseret, israel
Visit site
So what other bands you listen to except 'Skyfire' ?

I'm a big fan of the 'Dark/Doom/Gothic' genre. I love bands like: 'Katatonia', 'Paradise Lost', 'Anathema' and quite oldies like 'Dead can Dance' and 'Sisters of Mercy'.

I also like meldoic/death metal bands like 'In Flames', 'Soilwork', 'Dark Tranquillity' and 'Children of Bodom'.

Some old school like 'Megadeth', 'Metallica', 'Cacophony' and 'Iron Maiden'.

and some nun metal bands like 'Guns N' Roses' , 'Smashing Pumpkins', 'Nine Inch Nails' and 'Depeche Mode'.

Other bands I listen to are:

Thryfing
Septic Flesh
Orphaned Land (best israeli metal band)
and many more..

If you like dark melodicism, I'd check out Daylight Dies. I checked 'em out today and I'm hooked.

Others I like:

Nightingale (or anything Dan Swano does)
Guns N' Roses
Anathema
Edge of Sanity

My two favorite bands of all time are Iron Maiden and Death. Thrash is probably my favorite sub-genre of metal as a whole. Other metal bands I listen to include, but are not limited to:

Vintersorg, Einherjer, Immortal, Suffocation, The Crown, all the old 80s thrash bands (Anthrax, Sepultura, Megadeth, Dark Angel, Testament, etc.), Borknagar, Arcturus, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Dark Tranquillity, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Dissection, Origin, Obituary, Thyrfing, Mithotyn...I think you get the idea.

I also like a good amount of classic rock (thanks to my dad), such as Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, Kansas, and more.

3 non-regulars in one thread :eek: :headbang: :lol:

Ok I'm not gonna list ALL the bands I like...but I love anythign with a good sense of melody. This includes (but not limited too):

Iron Maiden, In Flames, Skyfire (duh), Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian, Soilwork, Norther, Vintersorg, The Duskfall, The Haunted, Death, Naglfar, Arch Enemy, Dream Evil....etc...etc...

I like stuff by Oasis and Red Hot Chile Peppers as well...also some old stuff by The Doors and Pink Floyd.

other bands I really love:

Anathema, Antimatter, Autumn Clan, Bathory, Blind Guardian, Candlemass, Cruachan, Dark Tranquillity, Dawn Of Dreams (Austria), Estatic Fear, Flowing Tears, Green Carnation, Hollenthon, Iced Earth, In Flames, In The Woods, Iron Maiden, Jack Frost, Katatonia, Lacuna Coil, Lake Of Tears, Loreena Mc Kennit, Madder Mortem, Megadeth, Metallica (old), Mirror Of Deception, Moonspell, Mourning Beloveth, My Dying Bride, Nightingale, Opeth, Paradise Lost, Primordial, Rotting Christ, Samael, Septic Flesh, Skyclad, Suidakra, Tiamat, Therion, The Gathering, Tori Amos, Ulver, U2, While Heaven Wept...

yep pretty much the same as every1 else round here :-
Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Bal Sagoth, Carcass, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Ensiferum, Metallica, Norther, Skyfire, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Warmen etc etc etc

Other than Skyfire...Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames, The Crown, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Marduk, Daylight Dies, The Haunted, Mastodon, Atreyu, Blind Guardian, Eighteen Visions, Nightwish, Vintersorg, Iced Earth,Thyrfing. In the mainstream...Metallica, Machine Head, Incubus, U2, Smashing Pumpkins. Plenty more...got tired of typing though. \m/ rock on

Final_Vision said:
3 non-regulars in one thread !:eek: !:headbang: :lol:

Yeah, I'm from the Swano board.

I just discovered this band called Porcupine Tree. Some good stuff, they play...

Antimatter is also darker than dark. Speaking of dark, Dark Tranquility's new stuff is simply amazing. Damage Done ranks up there with The Gallery.

Why is it, Illusion, that your website is completely blank? :p The Abaroth one.

I'm not even going to try and list them all out. Some ones you might wanna check out if you haven't heard of them: The Alan Parsons Project, Yanni, Steely Dan, Nightshade, OSI, Quo Vadis, Ryo Okumoto Project, Shadow Gallery, Secret Sphere, Tenhi, Machinae Supremacy.

Maybe only half of those are metal bands..because truthfully if you've heard of skyfire you've heard of probably most metal bands. :p

If you guys are into Skyfire's music you'll have to give the band Embraced a try...
They released 2 amazing albums before they unfortunately split up a couple of years ago...

Amorous Anathema [1998]
and
Within [2000]

In my opinion, if you could compare Skyfire to any band, it's Embraced... not CoB...

Actually to be honest most of the bands I listen to are old-school (late 80's early-mid 90's) east coast (usa) youth crew hardcore bands like Ten Yard Fight, Youth Of Today, Judge, etc... most people haven't heard of them. Also new school bands like Terror, Champion, No Warning, Holding On, Shai Hulud, BANE, etc. You would never know I was into metal hahaha

When I'm listening to metal though it's usually Skyfire (dur), Absu, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, ANCIENT, Dark Tranquillity, DARKEST HOUR (Virginia, USA circle pit fucking dance-metal - it's like Nascar, go fast, turn left!), Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Children Of Bodom, At The Gates, The Crown, In Flames, and of course Mayhem...

You guys (and girls) should really try the band "Dispatched".
It's really skyfire-styleish, especially the old tunes.
The album "Motherwar" is a killer and should not be missed if you like the music style of Skyfire.