any mainstream or semi-mainstream bands you may dig?

Jul 25, 2001
Monterrey, Mexico
Radiohead
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Björk
Tori Amos
The Smashing Pumpkins (old)
Nirvana
The Tea Party
Placebo
Incubus (old)
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Type O Negative
Collective Soul
Nine Inch Nails
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam (old)
Primus

So many :) I'm tired of listing them tho, I'e done it on so many boards here. Grrrrrrr :mad: Hehe, but a few are - the cure, type o, tool, pumpkins, tori, NIN, tears for fears, depeche mode, delerium, enigma, GNR (at times), cold play this mortal coil, coctea twins, dead can dance, wolfgang press, siouxsie and the banshees, bauhaus and I'll stop now

Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, MM, A perfect circle, Cure, Nirvana, Queens of the stone age, system of a down, Radiohead, deftones....

happy to see Tool, Smashing Pumpkins (the best ever band, lyricaly far above most other bands, i mean what other band writes hundreds of love songs and still gives a new sound and style) and Radiohead (dont you think Katatonia (new/clean vocals) are the metal equivalent of Radiohead?). Deftones are great too (especially their heavy ALMOST growling vocals songs), i also think the new Weezer album is great to just chill out to late at night.

Yep, I listen to that stuff a fair bit. Pixies, Tool, the Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Hole, Jeff Buckley...Frente, Clouds (<--- love these guys :D ), R.E.M., Live, Superjesus, APC, old Metallica if that counts as mainstream ;) errrrrrm that's all I can think of at the moment.
I also have a thing for B52's Rock Lobster :D

Tool
Pumpkins
Faith No More
A Perfect Circle
Live
Radiohead
etc

I dig quite a lot of mainstream songs, but bands are a much narrower list - I guess for me to like a band, I need at least 5 songs to an album I really like, not just one. With that said:

The Tea Party - actually, neither mainstream or even that well know here in the states, but I've been told they are very well-known in Canada

The rest of the pack, which lag behind The Tea Party are:
Disturbed
Static-X
Mudvayne

all others fall in the "I like a few songs by them" category

Days of the New fucking rock man. I don't care much for the second album, but I love the first one. It is killer. I also like the new Tantric cd, which to me sounds like Days with some electric guitars.

n/p: Opeth-Blackwater Park

a friend told me to look into Portishead - Dummy.
its kind of dark, but nothing i can get into
at this point in time.

no main stream for nogs, but a perfect circle:
if that counts

Well,

Tool and Oasis (heheh, 'tis true! :p) are good. There are some other bands as well, but I have no idea what their names are.. I just recognize certain songs and think "oh yeah this is that good band of which name I can never remember".

On every other thread with this topic I have gushed on and on about Days of the New and gotten no replies. And on the one thread I don't bother to answer, TWO people bring them up!!!! :heh:

Well, good, I'm glad to see other people have discovered them too. And just to sum up my thoughts, I like both albums but they're very different -- the second is definitely more "musical" and interesting and mature.

So far, I can't get into Tantric -- Travis did all the writing for DOTN, and I'd say he took the good melodies with him when he left. Plus, could the Tantric singer be a bigger rip-off of Travis?

What, you're all into ROCK music? ulgh :eek: :loco:

i'm not really into that much mainstream but these are pretty close

craig david
jagged edge
aphex twin
plaid
bjork
tori amos
DMX

Nice to see a diverse taste forming among our members.

My list is as follows:

Tool
APC
Portishead - no idea how I got into them, but I love it.
Björk
NIN
Massive Attack
Tori Amos (Try to find Faye Wong's mandarin cover of "Silent all these years") :eek:

Though I don't own any, I do like:
Radiohead (about as bizarre as mainstream gets)
Live
Smashing Pumpkins
Deftones (some of the most intelligent nonmetalmetal)

and a ton of others..

Oooh, I haven't heard much of it, but Amon Tobin is REALLY good electronica. Thanks for making me remind myself! :D

Tool
The hives
Smashing pumpkins
Nine inch nails (i love them)
Pearl Jam
(KoRn, i used to listen to them.. Follow the leader has some good songs)
Metallica

Hey, The metallica - load album is a really good rock-album..
if it just wasnt done by metallica, i would adore the album.