Rolling Stone Readers' Poll: Top 100 Albums Ever

I don't really agree that Nirvana and Pearl Jam are more rocky than the likes of Creed and Nickelback though. Also, the singer from Creed only really sounds a bit like Eddie Vedder on their first album, which is probably more to do with the cheap production.

Anyway, Creed rock much more than Nirvana, check out songs like Bullets, Ode, Unforgiven, Say I, ect for proof. :)

I own 22 of those albums but I can't be arsed typing them all out again :).

Putting Nevermind at the top of any list is an outrage unless it's the "most over-rated dischordant noise" category. The best contribution Kurt Cobain ever made to music was when he pulled the trigger :mad:.

W

Weetbix: just read Wrathy and Spawny's descriptions of Nirvana there to see why I think their influence was negative. ie. "dischordant noise" and "droning voice". Most rock bands since then have had droning or yearning vocalists and sound like just a wall of noise noise rather than having tight riffing and melodic lead guitar work etc.. like rock music did before Nirvana hit it big.

I just think the things that their success made unpopular/uncool for bands to do or sound like were the things that made rock music so great (such as melody, fun and excitement!). Nirvana seemed to be targeted at troubled teens who needed to express their unbalanced emotions and feelings etc haha! Fuck dealing with those things, just escape from them with something fun!

I know you can't blame Nirvana themselves for it, they didn't go out to write an album that would deliberately have that effect on what rock music would turn into. I'm just saying the influence of that album becoming successful is what did it, hence it's influence being negative rather than positive.

I've never heard Nickleback - woohoo!!

Kurt may not have been a happy chappy, but you can't say Dave Grohl wasn't/isn't. He's one of the happiest chappies I've ever seen!

spawn said:
I of course meant EVERY single person who reads the magazine must be over 40 and an ageing hippie.

:D Carefull spawny i am 40 this year but Don't read buy Rolling Stone unless Ozzy is on the cover ...... Do buy Classic Rock each month though.........

That is a good magazine! I have the very first issue of that, the back cover is an ad for the first enhanced Maiden reissues heh.

Bucko said:
:D Carefull spawny i am 40 this year but Don't read buy Rolling Stone unless Ozzy is on the cover ...... Do buy Classic Rock each month though.........

:lol: I was being sarcastic Bucko :) :)