the rolling stones
tori amos
doves
rem
blur
massive attack
the doors
nirvana

yourdeadgroom, perhaps you can enlighten me on something. what exactly is that on the cover of turn loose the swans? :)

add ulver to my list. seems strange to think of them as non metal though, given nattens madrigal and all.

-Pink Floyd
-U2 (only The Joshua Tree)
-Ministry (yes Ministry, I know they are on the simple side, but dammit there is something I really love about them)
-Skinny Puppy (just as Emperor can be called "beautiful" in the atmospheric sense of black metal, so can Skinny Puppu be called "beautiful" in the atmospheric sense of industrial)
-Mr. Bungle (okay, sometimes they are metal)
-Faith No More (sometimes they are metal too)
-Trance Techno (too many songs/artists to list)
-Arcana
-Anathema (seems like they are metal alot of the time though...I don't think they really count)
-Mozart
-Beethoven
-Chopin
-Bach
-Etc. (;)

Days of the new
Dead can dance
The tea party
Cat Stevens
Tommy Emmanuel
Faith no more
Bruce Springsteen
Tool
Primus
Bon Jovi (hey, shut the fuck up... the first few albums actually rocked...!)

ha ha. I'm a trend-setter, Tyrant...

No-one actually likes tool here, but now that i've mentioned them, we'll have tool fans coming from left, right and centre. :lol:

Originally posted by Trapped
ha ha. I'm a trend-setter, Tyrant...

No-one actually likes tool here, but now that i've mentioned them, we'll have tool fans coming from left, right and centre.

It's always amusing to observe large egos at work, (until they wok against you);)

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
yourdeadgroom, perhaps you can enlighten me on something. what exactly is that on the cover of turn loose the swans? :)

I've always seen it as a wing made of light.

Non-metal bands that I listen to:

Lifehouse

Hmmm, guess that's it!

Clockworx,Chino XL, Astral Projection ,Plaid,Autechre, Richard devine, jega, eric la casa, common, venetian snares, squarepusher, aphex twin, negative format

I'm positive we've all listed these bands a hundred times already..

Tool
NIN
Strung Out
Pink Floyd
Tom Waits
Led Zeppelin
Tori Amos
Massive Attack
Poe
Queen
Portishead
The Beatles
Delerium (and FLA)
Don Ross (acoustic guitar god)
Aphex Twin
Afro-Celt Sound System
random classical and jazz

and so on, and so forth. I actually put up with the numetal and mainstream smeg they play on the radio at work, but it's nothing I'd listen to on my own time. :)

Diary of Dreams and Lacrimosa

I won't mention bands who used to play metal and went non-metal (like my superfave Ulver or tiamat or burzum or anathema or or..... )......

Btw has anyone heard Ulver's "Silence Teaches you how to speak EP"????????