top 5 most overrated bands

J. said:
technical bullshit doesn't impress, and usually pisses me off. and anyway, Gorguts did it better, yet a lot of people don't even know about them

Gorguts DID NOT do it better. Not even close. I do, however, agree about them stupid fucking vocals. That's the only reason why I cannot really listen to that album.

PS - That Opeth pic isn't a joke?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :tickled:

I thought the Opeth pic was a joek too. haha unreal.

P.S Radiohead is anything but pseudo emotion. I mean just listen to Where I End and You Begin. jesus christ.

ok computer....
after that radiohead can do whatever the fuck they like
I think maybe a lot of people get into them without really getting into them just to seem cool or whatever
but I wouldn't call them overrated for that

theyre a genuinely progressive and experimental band and they deserve praise for that

unhinged said:
I think maybe a lot of people get into them without really getting into them just to seem cool or whatever
but I wouldn't call them overrated for that

theyre a genuinely progressive and experimental band and they deserve praise for that
yeah that's a good point but they're still overrated, like they're the gold standard against which every indie rock band is judged...and i hate indie rock...so there you go :Smug:

Demonspell said:
Well, those street teamers and all the others holding their breath for Ghost Reveries just got owned big time...the Opeth forum is gone, just when I was waiting for Roadrunner's alleged ad to generate a clusterfuck there...

What a great loss to UM. And I'm only sort of joking. That forum did bring in a lot of people to UM.

Thanatopsis123 said:
What a great loss to UM. And I'm only sort of joking. That forum did bring in a lot of people to UM.

well it seems that once bands are on the break of something big the labels pull the forums off of UM ...
i am sure more control over them inhouse is necessary.

Thanatopsis123 said:
it did bring me to UM...but i get the feeling that forum had been garbage since long before i started posting in it :erk:

MajestikMøøse said:
They sold their souls to a record label again... when will they ever learn?

I mean seriously, what the fuck. I sent Mikael an e-mail asking if he would be interested in working with Ancient Wind, but I never got a response... I must have had the wrong address.