Most overrated bands

Death Animal said:
It was before they made Painkiller::Smokedev:
Sad wings and Defender is best in my humle opinion.:kickass:

i like defenders but painkiller smokes too. they should have stayed on that road instead of the blend they kinda used on the new one.

byrne said:
Stained Class
Sad Wings of Destiny
Screaming for Vengeance
Painkiller
British Steel
Turbo

I don't particularly enjoy Ram It Down and I am yet to hear Defenders of the Faith. The rest I also haven't heard.

Slayer is not overrated, their new stuff just sucks, thats all.

What else have we talked about? Oh yeah, DMDS is the greatest black metal album of all time, whether you like it or not.

Defenders is great! Go get it.
DMDS is overrated, good music but utterly awful vocals.

Thoth-Amon said:
Defenders is great! Go get it.
DMDS is overrated, good music but utterly awful vocals.

Actually, I think the vocals are utterly eerie and disturbing. Perfect for the atmosphere.:kickass:

Metallica, Opeth, In Flames, Nevermore, Kataklysm, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, the list goes on..

Carcassian said:
Actually, I think the vocals are utterly eerie and disturbing. Perfect for the atmosphere.:kickass:
I could barely keep myself from busting up when I first heard it. I was like "what the fuck is this? Is this a joke? How the hell is this the most grim, kvlt album?"

Attila's vocals are honestly marvelous. They're extremely menacing, and the semi-operatic style he goes for in some particular passages (like on the title track, and Pagan Fears) is magic. It's best to think of it as another instrument, since that really seems to be what he was trying to do.

yeah, i agree with the above post. i didnt really dig it at first, but seriously, re-listen - his vocals are amazing on that album; chilling, menacing (as mentioned above), seemingly devoid of any sort of emotion. but even then, thats just the start of it - everything about the album rules