Most overrated bands?

Most of the peple in this thread seem to think that all the bands they don't like are overrated, so the thread is pretty useless IMO.

Emperor Magus Caligula said:
what makes a production pop?
What are the 5 years old temper tantrum vocals like?

I also disagree in Emperor being overrated..... you must be on drugs

my list:

Burzum
Opeth

Learn to read, it's fun.

Pop production= production befitting pop, not black metal

5 YO TT vox= vocals resembling the wails of a prepubescent child

Burzum isn't overrated.

You suck at arguing. :D

LuminousAether said:
Dimmu Borgir deserve it though, they basically created symphonic black metal.
Hah! Ever heard this band called Emperor? They recorded this album called "In The Nightside Eclipse" in 1993...
Dreamlord said:
I have Woodtemple's album. Given, I haven't listened to it very much, but I would say Woodtemple is more inspired by Graveland than Burzum.
Woodtemple is not only "influenced" by Graveland, Woodtemple is a total Graveland ripoff.

BTW, Burzum "Det Som Engang Var" is the best song ever written/performed. (IMO. I suppose I need to put this here so people won't whine about how I state opinions as facts again...)

phyre said:
BTW, Burzum "Det Som Engang Var" is the best song ever written/performed. (IMO. I suppose I need to put this here so people won't whine about how I state opinions as facts again...)

I agree completely
:worship:

as for stuff that is overrated (they've probably been mentionned before but oh well)

In Flames
Dark Tranquility (and all that other Gothenberg crap except For ATG, but of course, ATG are so great they CAN'T be considered Gothenberg because Gothenberg is supposed to be dull and mediocre)
Children of Boredom
Dimmu Booger
Old Man's Child
Shadows Fall
Sinergy
all power metal and nu'metal'