most overrated albums?

I didn't like Jag Panzer either, but you obviously need to clean your ears if you think Manilla Road is over rated :p

I just can't get into them. TBH, I just can't get into power metal in general. The reason I mentioned those bands, is that, at least on these boards, US power metal is touted as being better and less "gay" than Euro power metal. But I don't see the difference. Power metal is power metal. I'm not ignorant enough to say power metal sucks, because I'm not about to state an opinion as fact. However, I will say that power metal in general is not my cup of tea.

I just can't get into them. TBH, I just can't get into power metal in general. The reason I mentioned those bands, is that, at least on these boards, US power metal is touted as being better and less "gay" than Euro power metal. But I don't see the difference. Power metal is power metal. I'm not ignorant enough to say power metal sucks, because I'm not about to state an opinion as fact. However, I will say that power metal in general is not my cup of tea.

I didn't know Manilla Road was power metal. I've always thought they were heavy metal.

I'm just curious on what you heard because every album is different...

Hmm. I think it was some of their earlier material, but I don't remember what albums the songs were from. TBH, I never listened to a whole album. I checked them out along with Jag Panzer when someone recommended that people who can't get into power metal should check them out, as if those bands would change their minds or something. I did go through a small power metal phase a few years back, but I soon found that power metal doesn't "click" with me, much like rock doesn't click with me. Yeah, I have pretty damn narrow taste, but there really isn't anything I can do about it.

Speaking of US power metal,i think Something Wicked This Way Comes is a bit overrated,not bad but they have a couple of better albums.

Something Wicked this Way comes pales in comparison to Night of the Stormrider.

Stormrider is pretty lame, the songs sound extremely similiar. The only stand out albums from Iced Earth are Burnt Offerings and Horror Show(haven't necessarily given Ripper era albums a long listen)

(About In The Nightside Eclipse)
I'm a Black Metal fan, and yet I've never liked it.

Well, I like the album but I really don't love it. It is the best Emperor album, but the album that probably really got me into black metal was "Anthems to the Welkin Dusk".

About Metallica, Justice was by far their best & their peak. While the first two were more raw, Justice was where they tightened up & also it had the best playing from all the members on it. I would have to say Kill 'Em All was their second best.

I'm not sure about albums, but 2 bands that I found very overrated are:

System of a Down (a lot of annoying noise)
Sepultura (also just annoying noise, but at least decent headbanging I suppose)

CRYSTAL LOGICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

and Manilla Road has barely any exposure, how could you say they are overrated :lol:
Well, overrated on these boards. Everyone seems to love them, even those that listen to almost exclusively dm or bm.

And Black Sabbath is overrated, but I think I may have already stated that opinion in this thread, though I do not remember. I think they are overrated because they are widely regarded as THE best band ever (a bold statement to make about ANY band). The first, yes, but not the best ever in terms of musical proficiency or songwriting ability.

Yes, you've said it a million times already.:p
Well, it depends again when you started listening to them. It seems that many people got into metal through this band, so they value them highly. I like Sabbath, but I think Candlemass are much better.They have a more refined, crunchier sound.(and better vocalists, imo.)