most overrated albums?

Ayreon - Into the Electric Castle. One of my least favourite Ayreon albums, yet it seems fairly popular.

I think it's his best album by far & one one of my favorite albums. Why don't you like it? I think the compositions & song writing are amazing. The instrumental sections are miraculously done.

Paranoid is a good mention. I never liked that album.

In flames - Come Clarity

How is that "overrated?" Everyone thinks it's crap.

So am I the only one who actually likes Come Clarity? I consider it one of In Flames' best albums, although I never really liked their older stuff.

It's a bit mainstream, and that's generally a bad thing, but I think the vocals are pretty good and what separates them from all the other melodeath bands out there.
Emo choruses maybe, but they fit the vocals.

I think it's his best album by far & one one of my favorite albums. Why don't you like it? I think the compositions & song writing are amazing. The instrumental sections are miraculously done.

It just never appealed to me, and also, I didn't really like the vocalists on that one. Still better than The Final Experiment though.

Everything AFTYER that album is overrated.

Nattfödd is my favourite album, actually. It leans a bit more towards black metal, but still has that polka-metal sound that's missing on Ur Jordens Djup... Which is also a good album, it just doesn't sound like Finntroll is supposed to sound.

Everything by Children Of Bodom;
How is that underrated? Everyone hates them. (not entirely deservedly - their music is mediocre, but not that bad)
Master Of Puppets (Metallica)
Overrated a little, but still good.
In The Nightside Eclipse (Emperor)
Try again.

So am I the only one who actually likes Come Clarity?
I think it's alright. Not great, but not horrible.
I consider it one of In Flames' best albums, although I never really liked their older stuff.
Fail.

well, back when "peace sells" came out i was just amazed. i was almost scared to listen to it. i was a young and my friends always said the music i listened to was too dirty.