most overrated albums?

It's worth reading the lyrics when listening to ATG, they provide an avenue into the music moreso than with most bands. Though they've always been a bit inconsistent, their best stuff is my favourite metal - it moves me hugely. That may say more about me than about the music itself, but even so, I definitely recommend giving them plenty of opportunity, it took me ages to get TRITSIO in particular. My favourite tracks are actually on the second full length, but much of that album is a mess.

I absolutely disagree about flow btw, it certainly doesn't flow in a conventional manner but it all hangs together beautifully.

Hi GoD.

Entombed - Left Hand Path
Queensrÿche - Operation Mindcrime
Pain Of Salvation - Be
Edge Of Sanity - Crimson
ok,here comes the bomb:
Slayer - Reign in Blood(what did he say?:mad:)

wtf! i love that song!

hehe i know i love it to,in fact im a huge edge of sanity fan,but i think it´s overrated in the sense that everyone says it´s the grand masterpiece in their discography,while i prefer much more underestimated albums as The Spectral Sorrows,Purgatory Afterglow and even Crimson II

its wasnt an opinion. you emphasized that you actually liked noisecore. which to me suggests that you know the genre sucks, but like it anyway ...

its because the genre is VERY hard to listen to, which does not indicate "crappiness". to some people, stuff like Helloween is hard to listen to. does that make it crap? no....

maybe the fact i think left hand path is overrated has something to with the fact that i cant stand reign in blood:)
on the other hand,clandestine is my fuckin´ all time favorite death metal album:)

I'm the opposite. I thought Clandestine, while a good record, sounds uninspired compared to Left Hand Path.

Yeah, it's hard for me to say which I prefer. The title track on Left Hand Path obliterates the entirety of Clandestine by itself, but the rest of the album struggles to live up to the high standard set. As a whole, I reckon Clandestine has a better flow and is more enjoyable.

Yeah, it's hard for me to say which I prefer. The title track on Left Hand Path obliterates the entirety of Clandestine by itself, but the rest of the album struggles to live up to the high standard set. As a whole, I reckon Clandestine has a better flow and is more enjoyable.

yeah,although there are some killer songs on left hand path,the record doesn´t come near clandestine when it comes to dynamics and variation.And dont forget the drumplaying on clandestine,they totally demolishes the ones on LHP.Say what you want about all these ultra fast death metal drummers of today,nothing comes near to nickes playing on that album,it´s so groovy

its because the genre is VERY hard to listen to, which does not indicate "crappiness". to some people, stuff like Helloween is hard to listen to. does that make it crap? no....

did you just compare noisecore to Helloween? :erk:

also, seeing as how you have completely failed to pick up on the fact that i am taking the piss out of you, ill just drop it.