most overrated albums?

On Left Hand Path, it is a good album but I think it could of been better. It was too.. monotonous.

Overrated:

Judas Priest - British Steel

Radio-friendly and I admit some songs are catchy but doesnt have that strength to measure up to Painkiller.

Bolt Thrower - Honour Valour Pride

Sweet album title but the album itself is bland. :lol:

Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn

The album that got them too superstardom. Decent, yes, but I prefer their first album when they were brutal.

Kreator - Endless Pain/Flag of Hate

It's good but I prefer Pleasure to Kill.

Celtic Frost - Monotheist

I got it just to see what the hype was all about and I was left disappointed. One problem is I think they over-polished/over-produced the songs. I liked a few songs in there like "Ground" and "Synagoga Satanae" but again the production takes away from it. Am I the only one? If you like the band going Goth Metal then sure this is the album for you. Just do not expect Morbid Tales or To Mega Therion.

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

Good album but I do not think it tops Altars of Madness. But, then again you cant blame them, it's not easy to top that. It was interesting to see the band being more experimental here but it just doesnt match that intensity and eeriness of Altars.

Heathen - Victims of Deception

What a piece of crap! This album, which is pretty long (around 60 minutes I think) has enough interesting material to maybe make a 30 minute album, and even then it would only be an average album with a few great moments. They sound like some average heavy metal band became fans of early Metallica and tried to mix it into their style.

Failure

Autopsy - Severed Survival

It just seems bland to me

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin

Never understood why this is considered one of their better ones. Killing Machine is way more entertaining.

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance and Killng Machine
Black Sabbath - Volume 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Testament - Souls of Black

Heathen - Victims of Deception

What a piece of crap! This album, which is pretty long (around 60 minutes I think) has enough interesting material to maybe make a 30 minute album, and even then it would only be an average album with a few great moments. They sound like some average heavy metal band became fans of early Metallica and tried to mix it into their style.

Failure

What the funt?! Victims of Deception is an amazing album.

In flames - Come Clarity
Slayer - Reign in blood
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (I prefer SSOASS and powerslave, and NOTB has only a few really awesome tracks)
Dio - Holy Diver (most of his later works are better, especially Killing The Dragon)

note I am not saying these albums suck, only overrated. Except In flames, because that album was straight crap

Ayreon - Into the Electric Castle. One of my least favourite Ayreon albums, yet it seems fairly popular.
DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage. 'Cause Sonic Firestorm was just much more inspired.
Finntroll - Jaktens Tid. Maybe it's just 'cause I got something against joik.

Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (I prefer SSOASS and powerslave, and NOTB has only a few really awesome tracks)

I agree. SSOASS is a great album, Infinite Dreams is one of my all-time favourite songs.