Am I the only one who thinks TOOL is Overrated

UNDEROATH777

Sep 6, 2002
why do u want to know?
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks TOOL is the most overrated band???

I tried listening to these guys and in my oppinion...(Im gonna get bitched at like no other...) They are Horrible! I fell to sleep in the first 2 songs. Just read the lyrics for one thing, the riffs are so easy and everything just sounds reppetative. I have many friends who think the same thing. WTF is going on here?

UNDEROATH777 said:

I tried listening to these guys and in my oppinion...(Im gonna get bitched at like no other...) They are Horrible! I fell to sleep in the first 2 songs. Just read the lyrics for one thing, the riffs are so easy and everything just sounds reppetative. I have many friends who think the same thing. WTF is going on here?
If you are trying to listen to them like they are a metal band, you're going about it the wrong way.

Repetitive!?!?! Which songs?

While I wouldn't go so far as to call them horrible, they are a bit over-rated. Their latest album paled in comparison to Aenima.

However, A Perfect Circle fucking blows donkey dung.

UNDEROATH777 said:

I don't like Tool. I don't understand the hype which surrounds them. However, there is no such thing as 'overated'. If 100000 people like a band, then the band are good enough for 100000 people to like them. People don't claim to like a band when they don't, surely.

I think Tool is incredibly overrated. I also feel that Maynard is a huge narcissistic asshole who thinks way too highly of himself..

Immortality said:
Tool are fucking brilliant. How anyone can't see the obvious greatness that is Lateralus is beyond me.

If I were to listen to any Tool album it wouldn't be that one..I think that one has the most fillers and boring parts..it also pretty much made them bona fide rock stars with all the nu metal kiddies. They aren't a bad band..but I'm tired of everyone stressing the fact that Danny Carey is so fucking great at the drums when people like Flo Mounier are out there owning his ass with every beat...that is all.

Ænima is actually one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time soley based on its impact on my life throughout my later years in High School. Only reason why they may be overrated is because they are probably the most talented band in the mainstream besides Radiohead. The mainstream loves to exploit shitty bands with no talent but if they grab hold of a band that actually possesses talent, they are assumed as some kind of immortal gods.

Nah mean? :err:

I have never liked Tool,I wouldn't go as far as saying they are horrible,but they are a bit overrated when people say they have changed music,like Nirvana.