Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Yes, I do think that The Zombies are overrated

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
The Zombies are overrated?

Ok, so after Mikael was going off on how brilliant the Zombies are, I went out and bought Odessey and Oracle. In one video I saw he said that that album is certainly as good as The Beatles at their best. After listening to it, I feel a bit let down. I just don't see the brilliance of it. I especially wouldn't say that it's as good as The Beatles at their best. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I'm not one of those people who will love an album just because some one like Mikael says it's amazing btw... and I hope you aren't either. Always rate recommended music with you're OWN opinions.

Jake

Does the fact that Mikael likes The Zombies make them overrated? No, I don't think so. The band is not my cup of tea either.

In their time, they actually were a bit underrated. However, over the course of time, their work has gotten more recognition. Still, they're generally quite unknown, and definitely not overrated.

I have loved Odessey for years, great album iyam. His plugs however become a little over talked about in Opeth chat areas. Same deal with Comus- First utterance. In general no they are not overrated at all, although like Nick Drake albums for example, finally enough time has passed for a lot of the over looked gems of the 60's/early 70's to get some of the recognition they deserve.

Don't think so. I also gave the album a try 'because of Mike', and yes, I really enjoy it. Although it features some famous songs, I really haven't heard all that much about this band. Which would be the case if they were overrated, I guess.

I gave OnO a go because of Mike. And I liked it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Great Songs.

No.
First Utterance is the kind of album you should try because of Mikael.
O&O is an album you should have owned before discovering Opeth.

HOW CAN THE ALBUM THAT COINED THE PHRASE "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" BE OVERRATED?!