Am I the only one that thinks........

BWP is a great album, the first Opeth i ever heard. Apart from MAYH, the only Opeth album which really seems to have a tight linkage between songs, in term of an underlying sound.
...but come on! Deliverance is far, far better. It was just a giant step up in production, skill, sheer musical exploration - put Leper Affinity next to Wreath, and LA just...lacks the depth (and heaviness). Blackwater Park, probably the best song on BWP (aside from Dirge) does not compare to, say, Master's Apprentices. Harvest vs. A Fair Judgement? AFJ is one of the best easy-listening songs to date. BWP was, and is a damn good album...but Deliverance was yet another step up for Opeth. I wait with baited breath for the next installment in the Opeth legacy personally!

I know what ya mean deliverance. It's kinda like me and Deliverance... I think I just overplayed it though (still love it though, just not as fun on guitar).

mysweetdeath said:
........that Deliverance is 348648613218686 times better than BWP?

Personally, and this is my *opinon,* that BWP is the worst Opeth album and has way to many wondering parts.

Although it is still a great album, it is a big let down.

IronShadows28 said:

ooohhhh men you two are totally crazy (damn you guys). What the fuck are you talking about? huh? its so damn funny... damn...

i don´t know what to say guys... i guess you don´t appreciate real music... you must be Britney`s fans... haha

Themoor666 said:
blackwaterpark is 348648613218686 better than deliverance

i gree that bwp is 348648613218686 better than deliverance.. both are great albums but bwp is much better...

Joemc17 said:
I know what ya mean deliverance. It's kinda like me and Deliverance... I think I just overplayed it though (still love it though, just not as fun on guitar).

yeah that's another song i play to death on guitar, but for some reason, that didn't beat up the song for me. i still love that track haha.

Moonlapse said:
I can't really recall any leads in that song - but that may be because I haven't listened to it in a few months. They may well have pulled it off well live, but I simply didn't notice because the song didn't command my attention at all. It's a bit like The Drapery Falls - overplayed and overhyped.

Oh well...:bah: Each to his own.

Blackwater Park, probably the best song on BWP (aside from Dirge) does not compare to, say, Master's Apprentices.

BWP is a much more dramatic, sad, epic song. The lyrics are more visual, too. While the soft segment in BWP is a turn on, the soft segment in MA is a joke.
I like MA a lot but BWP is musically, dramatically, visually, lyrically far superior.

In my mind BWP is easily the better album even though I listen to D1 alot more nowadays. Also I don´t really think the drapery falls is hyped or anything like that. It IS a fantastic song with one of the best leads I´ve ever heard. The real problem is that anyone who´ve listened to Opeth for more than six months have grown tired of "The drapery" simply because of constanly listening to it does that to you.