it's high time Akerfeldt learned how to play guitar

Nov 13, 2001
Visit site
Releasing music with so many errors is the peek of insolence. And you even admitted that in an interview. I’m so genius I don’t even have to correct anything. Do you ever listen to your recordings? There are so many fucking errors in the acoustic guitar parts. With headphones one can hardly enjoy the composition. Orchid, Morningris, but there are even errors on BWP!!! I don’t know which of those are intended additions (some of them are even good) but honestly it sounds like if there was some looping behind. And there is even an error in the short piece at the end of BWP.
I must say that you are musical genius and BWP is the best album I’ve ever heard (and I heard some) but it’s altogether quite sad - there are so many great things that you can do but never will. You are too lazy. (as you admitted many times)
(nah. I can't imagine antyhing better than BWP)

you have no idea what musical genius is. When you can play the opeth songs all the way through without any scab of mistakes, YOU start a band. leave mikael alone, hes just a guy with a guitar and good songwriting abilities. Criminy...

Originally posted by extensive desolation
Releasing music with so many errors is the peek of insolence. And you even admitted that in an interview. I’m so genius I don’t even have to correct anything. Do you ever listen to your recordings? There are so many fucking errors in the acoustic guitar parts. With headphones one can hardly enjoy the composition. Orchid, Morningris, but there are even errors on BWP!!! I don’t know which of those are intended additions (some of them are even good) but honestly it sounds like if there was some looping behind. And there is even an error in the short piece at the end of BWP.
I must say that you are musical genius and BWP is the best album I’ve ever heard (and I heard some) but it’s altogether quite sad - there are so many great things that you can do but never will. You are too lazy. (as you admitted many times)
(nah. I can't imagine antyhing better than BWP)

go listen to van halen or something :lol:

oh and by the way, BWP is not the best album, Morningrise is. Welcome to the board.

Sfarog

Originally posted by Sfarog

go listen to van halen or something :lol:

oh and by the way, BWP is not the best album, Morningrise is. Welcome to the board.

Sfarog

Mornigrise.
you know why I decided to write this post.
I was listening to "To bid you Farewell" with headphones.

Originally posted by loudsilence
Well if there are errors on BWP...how can it be the best album you've ever heard? You must have a low standard for music.

and what the fuck are you talking about?
composition is one thing and clear acoustic guitar is a second thing.

Originally posted by Opethfan1980
How can you consider something a mistake if you don't know what he was trying to play?

There aren't any bad notes that I've ever heard.

I am not talking about bad notes but about dirty sound of notes.
Listen to "The twilight..." at 3:35 - 4:35 (this part is TERRIBLE) wtih your headphones and you'll se what I mean

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
you have no idea what musical genius is. When you can play the opeth songs all the way through without any scab of mistakes,

and when you can't (just like Akerfeldt) then you repeat the bad parts untill you achieve the clear sound.

You know this is 1 thing i have to agree with. Remembering a 13 minute song and and all the lyrics is not easy it comes with time, remembering an entire disk is even harder. Remembering a career of long songs with unusual riffs and long complicated lyrics that are not even in your main language must deserve some credit.

Holy son-of-a-bitch!!!! Errors!? Really!?

Nope...don't think so. At least..."I" haven't heard 'em.

Orchid & Morningrise - TWO best albums of all time. Period.

i've heard what he's talking about on morningrise, occasionally the acoustic guitar "twangs", but i haven't heard it on orchid or any of the other albums, but also the production is partially to blame for that. as for the thing on blackwater park, he's just whining because he can't do it, the acoustic stuff on that album is the clearest i've heard opeth. and if you look hard enough for mistakes on ANY cd by ANY band i'm sure you'll find them. i particurally like it when the drummer of some shitty black metal bands fall behind with their blastbeats...*cough*mayhem*cough*...so every band has msitakes, if you want perfection go listen to some computer generated shit.

thats exactly what makes Opeth's stuff great. You think I don't notice things here and there?

One night I was listening to Morning rise at like fuckin 3am in dark and was happy when I found small mistakes on it. That kinda reasured me that those guys are actually not Gods, and that maybe one day I would be able to do what they did with their music.

It was just a very emotional session, thats all I remember.

Besides, If you want no mistakes, go program a techno track or something. I say long live human errors!

Sfarog

Åkerfeldt never claimed to be a perfectionist... he even told us on this board recently that compared to most nu-metal artists, he can't even play his instrument... Also, I like hearing imperfections in music... my favourite form of recording is demo-style in a home studio with a grainy ass sound, it just adds such humanity, you feel like you're right there when they're playing the music... when everything is produced till perfection I can't stand it most of the time... all the slides, twangs and shit get edited out and it may aswell be techno/electronica... So, yeah I do agree with the thread starter, but it doesn't bother me one bit... especially when the artists themselves don't claim to have not made mistakes.