An Open Letter to Mikael Akerfeldt

Holy crap, I remember this thread. Looking at old forum posts is like reading your diary. How fucked up things were at the time. Way better now. Still with the same chick, looks like time to get her a ring. Teaching college classes now too. Glad I have that going, because my union is voting to authorize a strike tomorrow. Which made me think of this old thread.

Eh... Man (thread opener), ignore all those stupid posters ("stupid letter" etc.).
I think your letters great, I usually tend to get better mood when listening to music. Not in this kind of proportions, but still.

I was happy to read this letter, and was evnvious to see you saw opeth and PT for 17 Bucks.. ^^

Hope you get a reply

Edit: Oh, I see you wrote this in march 04.. Lol.. Still, enjoyed reading

Yeah, music has a way of connecting with us even when everything in the world seems to be turning to shit. The music never changes so its a safe place to find comfort in times of grief. Im glad to see this board has changed though, alot of the old posters were immature. Glad to see things are going well for you man. You better buy that girl a ring, if youve been together sense 2004 shes probably getting a little anxious, lol. Make sure you get a prenup (however you spell it).

Glad to see things are going well for you man. I remember that strike, my mom worked at Vons and she hated it so much. Once it was over, they practically punished her by making her work at this other store like 50 miles away.

Keep up the love for Opeth, keep strong. Get married too. Hope that works out for you too.

I hope Mikael does read the letter, then not scroll down to read any follow-up comments.. although he just might laugh.
Your sig always makes me think there are gnats that fly in front of my computer, and I smack the screen before I realize it's just that picture again. :D

Nice letter man, I hope you have good luck later on in your life and you get the things you deserve.

Peace

Hey man, do you live in San Diego, there is a bar called Canes which is right near the beach, very close to me.

To follow up from the original post, I just took my girl to Hollywood this last weekend and popped the question at the Bar Marmont. She said yes! And then we drank a shitload of champagne and went to Ameoba Records the next day (what a store!).:headbang: