PRS Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL

What sort of features would be in the works? I trust it's more of a versatile/vintage/rock kinda guitar than metal one?

I would assume his usual Duncans in addition to the piezo-loaded bridge he mentioned? (Unless he's switched pickups on us without telling!) And PRS's usual trem system. And a fantastic neck- I've loved the feel of every PRS I've ever played. There was a CE22 with a purple flame top in a music store around here that I lusted after forever. Then, alas, it disappeared, so some knucklewalker out there has my purple PRS. :rolleyes:

Me.

If something's not broken there's no need to fix it.

the question has to be: why?

=> mo money mo merch mo ego with no negativ side effect... (you get a guitar for free... because i dont think mike would have to pay for one of his own sig. models)

i would do it, and if its just for fun - i just cant understand why somebody wouldnt want a guitar named by himself made by prs ...
you must be - tru bleck metals rebelz - ;)

He has guitar that he likes and he plays great with, so the rest doesn't matter, and I'm sure he doesn't want it for the money. Ego? Pffft, come on.

Maybe he wants it because he can have it done.

Or maybe it's more for the fans.

I know if this happens, I will get one.

I made my own PRS clone in honor of the joy I get from playing Opeth songs. Warmoth Red flamed PRS double cutaway (called VIP by Warmoth) ((weak link)); Warmoth 1/2 scalloped Brazilian Rosewood on Macassar Ebony neck (fantastic); Sperzel tuners; Bareknuckles Nailbomb pickup set (Mikael should switch to these, $320 a set -hand wound worth every penny).

He has guitar that he likes and he plays great with, so the rest doesn't matter, and I'm sure he doesn't want it for the money. Ego? Pffft, come on.

wait a second, i asked you! tell me why you wouldnt do "IT", because thats what you said...

me and you can not really talk about why mike would or would not do stuff because i asume we both dont know him in person...

@mike:
whatever you do - DO NOT make a privat stock sig. guitar, your die hard fans will not be too happy :)

Sounds cool, although I think the double cutaway CU-24 type guitars are more iconic for Mike. The piezo bridge is a great idea, and the "O" inlaid on the fingerboard would be a must. If I were rich, I'd probably buy one in a heartbeat, but as has been mentioned, the guitar will likely be priced through the stratosphere, i.e. $4,000+, and quite hard to justify for all but a select few. That said, I'd still like to see them make the things, and maybe I'll get to try one out in a store some day.

mikael deserves it very much, he is the best musician that has ever been in the history,

Not trying to be a bad fan or anything, Opeth is my favourite band, but still.. come on, making Mikael the best musician of all time? Just think back on how much music there has been, and still will be -- and you are going to make a Metal band singer into the best one around?

Just trying to be realistic, dude, you are way overdoing it. He's great and all, but he's not god..

:worship: ..or is he? *dum dum duuuum*

lol I posted basically the same topic a couple of months ago and like 16 posts...
this one 55 :(
Anyway why doesnt everyone make a petition.. I think there is demand for it is there not?

Resurrection!!

Any news on this topic? If there is an SE Akerfeldt model coming out with piezos in the bridge, I'll buy it right now! It's been quite a few months since Mike said he was going to talk with PRS in detail about a sig model.

~006

not to be picky but why only a single-cut? The double looks cooler and as stated before is the more iconic looking body for Opeth

I wouldn't buy a Mikael Åkerfeldt PRS. First of all, PRS don't build lefty guitars and secondly it would be hellishly expensive.

DSC05995.JPG

Left-Handed-Guitars.jpg

prs5.jpg

http://www.guitarlefty.com/prs green pix.htm

You were saying?

Pwnt. And I agree that the double cut looks best...but if Mike wants a single, that's his choice...I mean, it is his signature model, after all...

Sure, the American PRS version of Mike's guitar would be up there in price, upwards of $2k, easily. But the SE models...I don't see it going higher than $700.

~006