PRS Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL

Memopeth

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2007
As you all know mikael uses the most,PRS guitars,and peter did too,and i know why cause theyre pretty damn good,and its the right choice to bring the opeth sound to live

And this company does release some especial editions that are inspired in some of guitar players who uses those guitars,those are called,

SIGNATURE MODELS
and these are the ones

Chris Henderson Model | Dave Navarro Model | DGT | Gary Grainger Private Stock Bass | Johnny Hiland Model | Mark Tremonti Model | Santana II | Santana III | SE Paul Allender

this is the link http://www.prsguitars.com/products/index.html

Note that many of the those musicians dont deserve that PRS makes their guitar models,like mark tremonti from creed,i mean, WTF, and paul allender fro COF,that must be a joke,but i have to admit that paul allender's model is fucking orgasmic

And it would be pretty damn good, that PRS makes the

PRS Mikael Akerfeldt

THERE ARE MAAAAAAAAAANYY reasons for the ones,that must be done, mikael deserves it very much, he is the best musician that has ever been in the history,and he hes very loyal to PRS guitar,like the PRS Custom 24 Blue,every one knows that mikael allways use it,and its a shame,and not fair,that PRS hasnt made to mikael his own model, so that,thats the LEAST Paul Reed Smith can do for him and for all the fans who plays guitar,and even if you dont

And I know that mikael would even cry for the emotion

So ,COME ON! lets demand to PRS that, the Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL,i dont know how can that be done,but ,maybe the official opeth forum,could be a godd start,to plant that seed,

So mikael if you are reading this,what do you think

I ll be waiting for your replies

It would be nice to have a MÅ signature model, but how would it stand apart from all the PRS Customs and Modern Eagles. Mikael uses pretty standard guitars.

Id imagine that it would esentially be a prs custom 24 with a higher price tag, with the option of having it with standard prs pickups or the seymour duncan full shreds, so end up being rather pointless. He definately does deserve it more than a lot of people though who do have sig models

Id imagine that it would esentially be a prs custom 24 with a higher price tag, with the option of having it with standard prs pickups or the seymour duncan full shreds, so end up being rather pointless. He definately does deserve it more than a lot of people though who do have sig models

actually, it would probably be made out of ply-wood in taiwan and the pickups would fall out if you tried to adjust them.

Are we talking about actual replicas of Mikael's guitars, or cheap Korean made wooden frames with guitar strings on them?

Because I bet Mikael uses $10,000+ guitars.

I might be wrong, though...

I've actually been talking to them just recently and they've pitched the idea of doing a signature model now which we will look into.
I'm meeting them soon to discuss the features, and it will obviously be a very nice guitar if we go ahead and do it.

Looking/hoping for a 24 fret single-cut custom with piezo pick ups in the bridge. We're talking about doing two models, one very limited model and one SE model. My idea is to make a version of my red Modern eagle single cut that I played for the Roundhouse gig which is the best guitar I've ever played!

Anyways, can't say for sure it will happen, but it's very likely.

Hope you guys are well...we're in Detroit (rock city) now!

Rock it NOW!
Mike

^ I take back my non-superstar comment! :oops:

Good luck!

Edit: Wait...

Have I been fooled?

Edit 2: Actually, it really is you. Sorry, didn't know you changed usernames. :oops: :oops:

All tremble, before the metal titan.

Looking/hoping for a 24 fret single-cut custom with piezo pick ups in the bridge. We're talking about doing two models, one very limited model and one SE model. My idea is to make a version of my red Modern eagle single cut that I played for the Roundhouse gig which is the best guitar I've ever played!

That actually sounds pretty cool. I know I've bought signature models in the past and they didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped.

Play it loud, Mikael!

:lol:
As you all know mikael uses the most,PRS guitars,and peter did too,and i know why cause theyre pretty damn good,and its the right choice to bring the opeth sound to live

And this company does release some especial editions that are inspired in some of guitar players who uses those guitars,those are called,

SIGNATURE MODELS
and these are the ones

Chris Henderson Model | Dave Navarro Model | DGT | Gary Grainger Private Stock Bass | Johnny Hiland Model | Mark Tremonti Model | Santana II | Santana III | SE Paul Allender

this is the link http://www.prsguitars.com/products/index.html

Note that many of the those musicians dont deserve that PRS makes their guitar models,like mark tremonti from creed,i mean, WTF, and paul allender fro COF,that must be a joke,but i have to admit that paul allender's model is fucking orgasmic

And it would be pretty damn good, that PRS makes the

PRS Mikael Akerfeldt

THERE ARE MAAAAAAAAAANYY reasons for the ones,that must be done, mikael deserves it very much, he is the best musician that has ever been in the history,and he hes very loyal to PRS guitar,like the PRS Custom 24 Blue,every one knows that mikael allways use it,and its a shame,and not fair,that PRS hasnt made to mikael his own model, so that,thats the LEAST Paul Reed Smith can do for him and for all the fans who plays guitar,and even if you dont

And I know that mikael would even cry for the emotion

So ,COME ON! lets demand to PRS that, the Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL,i dont know how can that be done,but ,maybe the official opeth forum,could be a godd start,to plant that seed,

So mikael if you are reading this,what do you think

I ll be waiting for your replies

Best musician in history:lol: You probably never listen to a lot of music in your life. Guitar wise, sure mikael is a great player. In the vein of Gilmour (Talking about is how way to play and signature playing). But most of the player that got PRS signatures deserved it. Santana is probably the most well know guitar player in the world. He's a living legend and made PRS what they are. I'm not a big fan but I know he deserved it. Tremonti...I don't know what's everybody problem with mark cuz is playing is not limited to Creed stuff. He's a god basically. This guy is a fantastic player, technically better than Mike. As for Dave Navarro, he's also a great player. Playing in commercial band doesnt mean your a bad guitar player. One PRS player that would need a signature model is Al Di Meola. His custom PRS is too beautiful.

Piezzo pickup ?
Holy shit you can't choose better if you're to make an Opeth signature.
Well now my main problem will be to gather enough money to buy that "very limited edition" while there's still time...

:lol:

Best musician in history:lol: You probably never listen to a lot of music in your life. Guitar wise, sure mikael is a great player. In the vein of Gilmour (Talking about is how way to play and signature playing). But most of the player that got PRS signatures deserved it. Santana is probably the most well know guitar player in the world. He's a living legend and made PRS what they are. I'm not a big fan but I know he deserved it. Tremonti...I don't know what's everybody problem with mark cuz is playing is not limited to Creed stuff. He's a god basically. This guy is a fantastic player, technically better than Mike. As for Dave Navarro, he's also a great player. Playing in commercial band doesnt mean your a bad guitar player. One PRS player that would need a signature model is Al Di Meola. His custom PRS is too beautiful.

I actually agree with him, not about Santana or Tremonti, but he's right about the guy from Cradle of Filth ; there was also a time when a signature of a guitarist from Good Charlotte was available (btw the other one has got a signature on Music Man), that's kinda weird for a brand like this.
That being said, PRS is without a doubt one of the best guitar builders (my personal favourite), and I'm glad Mikael is playing on their guitars, I mean, my favourite band playing on my favourite guitars... things happen.