Opeth Signature guitar anyone?

Witcher

Into the trees...
Mar 14, 2008
www.myspace.com
Im new to this forum so im not sure if this has been suggested before...

Opeth have been associated/endorsed by Paul Reed Smith guitars for quite some time. Now usually this wouldnt make a difference since in the past PRS has not been that big on producing signature models and if they have been made they cost a damn fortune (apart from the Santana SE models).

But.. with the recent release this year of the Paul Allender SE (lead guitarist form Cradle Of filth) which btw away goes for like £600 ($1200) - one of PRS cheaper ranges

Now to the point - Opeth are one of the most important and influencial prog bands there is... so if there is a darn COF guitar then an Opeth model would be possible right?

hmm just think the O logo inlayed on the fretboard....
Anyway if anyone else agrees with me..say so :p

I'd be all about the Mikael Akerfeldt Signature PRS. Mark Tremontti has a signature as well, so I think Mike is a bit more qualified than the Ex-Creed Axeman.

Now I've thought about this for a long time and that would be totally cool, I would be glad to sell the guitars I already own if I could have one that can reach Mike's fucking wide panel of sounds ; especially if it's a PRS since it's my all-time favourite guitar brand.

But hey, I'm not sure that a signature would fit Mike's opinion of business though... :p

Would be cool, but pretty useless I guess..
Mike isn't know for his awesome guitarskills.. But for his songwriting skills (I'm not saying he can't play, because he is pretty damn good)

But still, I might buy one.. Need a new PRS anyway ^^'

Yeah, he is good
but I hate that tuning he uses, idk if he used it for creed but he uses it for alter bridge

Okay I've only heard some Creed and like no Alter Bridge, but are you saying this guy is better than Mikael Akefeldt when it comes to guitar skills? I find that hard to believe.

No matter what you say about the music, Tremonti's a great guitar player - great solo's, and he has great tone too.

k. yeah that's pretty sweet!~ and technical, but I'm listening to some of their myspace songs, the song writing doesn't do anything for me

edit: ok well now i like some of the music actually, just not the lyrics and vocals

Oh well then.. I think an internet petition to PRS would be a good idea..
If someone with more experience at setting things like that up is willing to join the cause :p
Pethical you mentioned why want an SE model because it compromises - well because most of us arent willing to spend $3000 :) .. but im sure an Opeth sig model would make me consider otherwise.. anyway the Paul Allender one has an SE and a more expensive model, does it not?... so the same thing would be possible in this instance.

Right awsuming that both PRS and Mike would be up for this.. since only a a few thousand of these guitars would be made (if that) then if a few thousand of us say we are up for it.. then they should consider it?

yeah they should make two versions then. One the exact same specs as Mikaels guitar, and one cheaper version. I wouldn't want some cheap thing that is lacking the best components etc, but I know alot of people would want that one. so yeah.

I don't think he sucks either, I just think Mike is better. There are definitely worse musicians who get sig guitars (tom delonge of blink 182 has a sig strat... ), but tremonti is just the first PRS guy that came to mind.

Now there's a world between PRS and Fender, the Delonge Strat signature was cheap and had a single bridge pickup, basically all you need to play some Blink-182. Always thought it was a cool idea, since some Stratocasters can be very cheap where others can be sooo expensive.
His Gibson sig however is much worse... look at the guitar config and its price, you'll be like... Wow.

PRS is known for its quality and tone, so I always found the "SE" models to be quite... misplaced.
Now I guess the best example one can give is the sig models for the two guitarists from "Good Charlotte", one on PRS, the other on... Musicman. :Smug: