PRS Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL

Now my head is spinning whether to get a EBMM JP BFR or Mike's signature guitar.

i know what the sc me looks like i was just wanting to see what a sc looks like with 24 frets. but yeah i dont have the roundhouse tapes dvd. yet. i ordered it from amazon like a week or so ago. it should be here on the next mail push. lol im in iraq so the mail is slow. he uses the 24 fret version on the dvd? i know on the watershed dvd stuff he was using a regular 22 fret sc trem with gloss finish.

and yes, his moustache flying down the fretboard instead of bird inlays would be most badass! lol

I don't post here often, some of you may know me from Andy Sneap's forum (where I'm a total post whore), but I'm a huge Opeth fan since 1999 and own every album, go to every Opeth show in my area, etc., like many of you...

Curious as to what's happened with Mike's signature PRS? NAMM has obviously come and gone, with quite a bit of new PRS stuff (including amps - weird!) but no Mike signature. I hope it's still happening... perhaps later this year?

Just buying the same guitar for that much for the O letter on the fingerboard and two pickups is kinda wasteful.. I hope they get the prices down to earth (and not just those SE models for Gods sake).
And double cutaway type is a must for me as well, most of the time I see Mikael with those and it looks better but I am not sure if that will make me buy this instead of a Gibson :p

Anybody has some news about this maybe? Mike? Any news from PRS? That Red Modern Eagle Singlecut looks (and sounds) damn good to me! With a Piezo and some Opeth style "O" inlays it would be a perfect guitar! :D

I made my own PRS clone in honor of the joy I get from playing Opeth songs. Warmoth Red flamed PRS double cutaway (called VIP by Warmoth) ((weak link)); Warmoth 1/2 scalloped Brazilian Rosewood on Macassar Ebony neck (fantastic); Sperzel tuners; Bareknuckles Nailbomb pickup set (Mikael should switch to these, $320 a set -hand wound worth every penny).

I've built several (5) of my own guitars and one bass, and used Warmoth parts in quit a few. They make quality stuff man. I 'd thought of building a PRS clone also, and in fact my main Strat body Warmoth has two PRS Dragons and a five way selector switch wired up PRS style, reverse polarity and all. I still want to do a nice flame-top VIP, and then of course a clone Les Paul Custom, a BC Rich Mockingbird, an Iceman, an Explorer...oh the pain of not being independently wealthy <sigh>.

:kickass: