PRS Of Peter Lindgren

Lol , he has both black sunburst and tobacco sunburst. He uses black sunburst on Lamentations on some songs like Windowpane.

And please tell me I am going to order the guitar from internet and I want to be sure. You are telling me that the guitar he uses is amber quilt custom 24?

And by the way if you have the picture of it i will be glad , ( Lets be sure we are talking about the same guitar )

And another thing is that the top of the guitar is red right? The end of the fretboard. Cause in some pictures I have saw in net its brown. I want it to be red like Peter's.

Thanks.

And nice guitar:worship:

puke. i don't like sunburst anything...i think it ruins guitars...well, i take that back. i guess i don't like it when its in the tobacco sunburst vein. adam jones has a sunburst pattern on the mid-late 80s les pauls that he uses. the metallic finish that is used on them was discontinued because of the excessive bassy/scooped/muddy resonance that they displayed...and it definetely shows in his tone...he uses it really well. anyway, i think its called a silverburst...fucking beautiful.

Agree with the adam jones thing. But i like the sunburst when its tasteful. Its definatley classier than stupid flame bursts in greens n turquoises with crap pearl inlays in the binding and flower inlays all over the fret board.

moonlapse said:
What's wrong with the stock pickups in a PRS? It sounded great when I played one. After you get one, pickups or not, if you're not pulling a good sound the problem is with you, as a guitar player, not with the guitar itself.

i meant if you are desperate for an opeth tone. i love the stocks dont get me wrong. and quit bagging my skillls......like numchuck skills...bowhunting skills....computer hacking skills....:)

An Absent Friend said:
Lol , he has both black sunburst and tobacco sunburst. He uses black sunburst on Lamentations on some songs like Windowpane.

And please tell me I am going to order the guitar from internet and I want to be sure. You are telling me that the guitar he uses is amber quilt custom 24?

And by the way if you have the picture of it i will be glad , ( Lets be sure we are talking about the same guitar )

And another thing is that the top of the guitar is red right? The end of the fretboard. Cause in some pictures I have saw in net its brown. I want it to be red like Peter's.

Thanks.

And nice guitar:worship:

the red headstock comes on the amber quilt...thus why i said thats the one he has. most finishes come with black or brown headstocks. jesus christ

NineFeetUnderground said:
yea, i sold all my PRSs (never more than one at a time though) to aquire different instruments. i sold this particular one to get a fender relic 1960 stratocaster. i dont regret it for a minute.

That's really cool. I don't blame you there. I'd like to get a '69 strat reissue, the ones with the big fucking headstock (I'll get laughed at for that I'm sure). I'd rather it was the NOS look rather than a relic though.

JoeVice said:
puke. i don't like sunburst anything...i think it ruins guitars...well, i take that back. i guess i don't like it when its in the tobacco sunburst vein. adam jones has a sunburst pattern on the mid-late 80s les pauls that he uses. the metallic finish that is used on them was discontinued because of the excessive bassy/scooped/muddy resonance that they displayed...and it definetely shows in his tone...he uses it really well. anyway, i think its called a silverburst...fucking beautiful.

I don't typically like bursts either. ESPECIALLY on drums. But I like the Black Sunburst on PRS's for some weird reason. That's as far as it goes though. I usually go for a deep red color or black.

And you're right about Adam's Les Paul. It's a SilverBurst. I'm a huge Tool fan too. Love his sound. I see those guitars on eBay every now and then. He also has a couple Les Pauls that are a weird green burst that got discontinued as well for similar reasons.

I think only black looks good on single cut guitars like Les Paul especially Les Paul. Its our Black Beaty... :kickass:

And sunburst rules :kickass:

And thank you now I have sent a mail to willcut guitars if they have Custom 24 Amber Quilt in their stock.

Heckelgruber said:
Allegedly, those green Les Pauls are Silverbursts - they are collectible because the weird finish on them goes green over time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jones

No shit? Wow. Thanks for the info. I was only going by what he had said in an old Guitar World interview from 2001. Adam's probably unaware of it himself haha.

Edit: It's the issue with both him and Justin on the front cover.

An Absent Friend said:
I think only black looks good on single cut guitars like Les Paul especially Les Paul. Its our Black Beaty... :kickass:

And thank you now I have sent a mail to willcut guitars if they have Custom 24 Amber Quilt in their stock.

Nice name

An Absent Friend said:

youre not going to be happy with it if youre buying it simply because peter uses it.

Lol , of course I am not buying only because Peter uses it. I have just learned the guitar from Opeth. I have tried when I was in America ( I live in Turkey ) Its the guitar I am in love with

I know a link where Paul Reed Smith Himself plays and introduces the guitar. He shows all tones. I am sure you will like it too , i will put it here soon.

By the way Its Black Beauty Sorry

@An Absent Friend:slm, abi nerden alcan PRS hangi siteden genelde boyle markaları Turkiye ye yollayan fazla site olmuo?Turkiye de distrubutoru fln yok dimi?

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre not going to be happy with it if youre buying it simply because peter uses it.

Hey I was just wondering. Have you played a 513 yet? I haven't, but I'm really intrigued by the way the pickups are set up. Just wondering if anyone else has played one yet. I'm too lazy to get on a bus to a different town just to check one out at the closest PRS dealer.

Ruby Eyes said:
Hey I was just wondering. Have you played a 513 yet? I haven't, but I'm really intrigued by the way the pickups are set up. Just wondering if anyone else has played one yet. I'm too lazy to get on a bus to a different town just to check one out at the closest PRS dealer.

nope i havent. i think the range of tones the normal 2 pickup configuration can get on a PRS is more than sufficient.

Ok cool I was just curious. That's what I was saying to a few of my friends. I can't see there being any major difference, so it wouldn't justify the extra cost of one of those guitars. Interesting wiring in theory, but what real practicality is there? Thanks.

Ruby Eyes said:
Ok cool I was just curious. That's what I was saying to a few of my friends. I can't see there being any major difference, so it wouldn't justify the extra cost of one of those guitars. Interesting wiring in theory, but what real practicality is there? Thanks.

practicality may be there for someone else...i just never needed more than what the 2 humbucks provided. so i cant really say if its pointless, i just think its unecessary from where im standing.

Slm Md burdada Turkleri gormek cok hos..

Evet malesef Turkiyede ne Ankarada ne Istanbulda Prs Distrubitoru yok. Cok konustuk buyuk marketlerle ama bilenlerin gozundede hala efsane bi gitar cogu daha gormemiş.

Ben alırsam bu yazın sonuna dogru almayı planlıyorum alacagım site www.willcuttguitars.com. Cpk uzun suredir adamlarla maillesiyorum Turkiyeye yolluyorlar ancak gitarın basına birsey gelmesin diye iyice para verip en guvenli sekilde yollamak istiyorlar buda 100$

Ayrıca bu işinde birde gumruk sorunu varki buda aldıgın seyin %5 i kadar mesela gitar 2500$ gene bi 100$ falanda ona gidiyor , anlıycagın eline gecmesi 3000 YTL yi buluyor.

Almanın farklı bir yoluda gidip Almanyadan kendin getircen aynı paraya geliyor yaklasık ucak parası falan o arada birde festivalde Opethi izleyip gelebilirsin Almanyadan bu yaz :)

Sorry for speaking in Turkish , we just talked about the deliverance of guitar :p