PRS Mikael Akerfeldt MODEL

DSC05995.JPG

I'd hit it....

Yea putting it nicely creed is gay, but seriously if you check out mark tremonti, he messes shit up, he's actually amazing technically, so I don't know what the fuck he was doing in creed. Nevertheless I hate the guy, but he is talented.

A Mikeal signature guitar would be nice.... I wouldnt be able to afford it too.

wow, thats something ive wished for a long time! Im glad they waited though, now I could actually feasibly afford one! When I first started listening to Opeth I could barely afford the CDs lol! I think Im going to have to sell off a few guitars when I get home to make room for a couple PRSs. Ive had my eye on that new Modern Eagle II also (charcoal, yum).

Sounds like a sweet axe. I'd love one like Mike's red Modern Eagle.

I wonder if Steven Wilson will follow suit and release a limited edition signature model that'll sell for $9,000 and come with a nice, hardcover coffee table book?! :lol:

Sounds like a sweet axe. I'd love one like Mike's red Modern Eagle.

I wonder if Steven Wilson will follow suit and release a limited edition signature model that'll sell for $9,000 and come with a nice, hardcover coffee table book?! :lol:

very nice.

i have been wanting to purchase a new guitar, i would love to see what a prs se akerfeldt would look like.

I've actually been talking to them just recently and they've pitched the idea of doing a signature model now which we will look into.
I'm meeting them soon to discuss the features, and it will obviously be a very nice guitar if we go ahead and do it.

Looking/hoping for a 24 fret single-cut custom with piezo pick ups in the bridge. We're talking about doing two models, one very limited model and one SE model. My idea is to make a version of my red Modern eagle single cut that I played for the Roundhouse gig which is the best guitar I've ever played!

Anyways, can't say for sure it will happen, but it's very likely.

Hope you guys are well...we're in Detroit (rock city) now!

Rock it NOW!
Mike

I asked Mike about this after the Opeth show in Glasgow last night - and he said they are just looking over details - he made out as if it would definetly happen :headbang:

Ümlaut;7250601 said:
Are we talking about actual replicas of Mikael's guitars, or cheap Korean made wooden frames with guitar strings on them?

Because I bet Mikael uses $10,000+ guitars.

I might be wrong, though...
I dont know about the 10K. I have a custom 24 artist package quilt top in vintage yellow that was 3K. It seems most of the models that Mikael uses are around that price and are models you can order from PRS for 2-5K. He does swap the PRS stock pickups out for Duncans which is an upgrade becasue I cant stand many of the PRS pickups. The Tremonti pickup sounds pretty good with lots of output in fact I think it was used on Watershed.

I dont know about the 10K. I have a custom 24 artist package quilt top in vintage yellow that was 3K. It seems most of the models that Mikael uses are around that price and are models you can order from PRS for 2-5K. He does swap the PRS stock pickups out for Duncans which is an upgrade becasue I cant stand many of the PRS pickups. The Tremonti pickup sounds pretty good with lots of output in fact I think it was used on Watershed.

The red Modern Eagle Mike was talking about basing his signature axe on goes for well over 10 grand. Those things are ridiculously expensive!

The Tremonti pickup sounds incredible, btw. I got to spend some quality time with a high-end Tremonti model and my Road King II, and it kills! I'm very seriously considering trying to find one to drop into my Soloist.

I actually remember Mike being questioned this in a thread not too long ago & he said that he has spoken with PRS about it. Not sure if it is going to come out or not, but at this winter NAMM show the rumor mill includes a "Mikael Akerfeldt Signature PRS". We'll just have to wait and see - if it comes true, then I may have some saving up to do...:OMG:

yeah he definitly said a "custom" 24 fret modern eagle single cut thats the only one made in a couple interviews so im guessing it was a special private stock guitar that may not have cost him much if anything since hes a fairly big endorser. i got a quote of like 9-11k for a 22 fret single cut with piezo system from private stock (they are also not taking new orders until sometime next year im told because they are behind). but yeah if its made to his spec as an american model you can bet it will be more than your santana or tremonti. likely by a lot. so im going to start saving like 2 months ago lol.

im not sure. i know the santana 2 and 3 went from like 3-5k i think. im not sure about the new one. btw does anyone have any links to pics of mikes custom? ive been searching my freakin ass off and i cant find anything. well i found a couple deleted ones but that really didnt help at all.

Just look at Mike with that red guitar on The Roundhouse Tapes, that's basically the guitar he'd like to be his custom...

... with his moustache as fretboard inlays. And his face on the 12th fret.

Fuck, I can't find a shot of it either.

Basically, it's just like this guitar (a PRS Modern Eagle)...

prsSinglecut_Trem_Mod_large.jpg

In this finish...

311700400-03.jpg

^ Now that is an amazing guitar! I loved the looks of the Modern Eagle, but, of course, never had the fortune of playing one, let alone owning one. PRS defines the term expensive.