Need infos on Mikael's Guitar

Noc

Hordes from the Underdark
Dec 25, 2003
Italy
Hi, my name's Manuel :)
Does Anyone know any specific about the guitar Mikael uses on stage? :hotjump:
(in particular i saw the blue one at the Summer Day in Hell, in Italy) I know it's a PRS Custom 24, but i don't really know what type of blue and what finiture (Artist package, 5 way rotary switch...or something else) he has on the gear. If anyone knows, plese, let me know. :worship:
I'm looking for all the specifics on that guitar. Thanks a lot. Manuel

Wow, could someone please give me a link to that interview where he mentions his pickups??? I dont think that he uses full shreds, I thought he used a JB/Jazz combo??

yah, it has to be jb's, i can't imagine him getting such a smooth and well balanced tone out of full shreds. those things shrill. i think that peter uses a emg 81/85, or maybe a 81/89 combo in his les paul. i saw that in that picture in guitar world magazine. im not really sure though.

finally.. ive been wondering what specific SD pu's for a while. Someone should confirm the jbs/jazz just to be sure... cause i want them in my new guitar. Joe, if you are referring to the yellow LP he uses in that pic, im not for sure if he really used it in the recording(although its surely possible). Live he uses a black one, and i thought they were stock because i vaguely remember seeing the glold covers on them(could be wrong there also lol). I would surely recommend the SDs over emgs anyday though.

true, that picture was the only time that i saw the emg's. i don't remember what a saw in his guitar when they played live. usually, i remember that type of stuff.

I played a PRS the other day, $2600. It was nice, but not really that much better than a couple of Ibanez in the $400 - $600 range or an Epiphone Les Paul that was around $500. Maybe, different pickups would have made it sound better, can't remember what was on it. It was lighter than the other guitars I played, but the feel of the neck was just not that much different. IDUNNOKNOW. Maybe none of that matters. I really wish I had a PRS, I trade it for a lot of other stuff.

What model of PRS was it? I played a Custom 24 and now I can't be satisfied with anything else I play, unless its a more 'metal' guitar and covers different fields... like my Jackson. Dude I'm telling you, the HFS and Vintage Bass are the best mellow, old-rock pickups evarrrr.

Ok, so here's what we get til now. Mikael's guitar is a PRS Custom 24 with Seymour & Dunkans JB/Jazz, with paua bird inlays. the headstock color matches with the body. He doesn't have artist package, since the bridge is nickel made. He uses a volume control, a push/pull toggle and a three way switch. Ten-top woods with matching maple edge. So if someone wants to improove...
(I'm still looking for the type of blue on his Custom 24...royal blue? whale blue? tourquise? boh!)

heres a list of all his equip

PRS Custom 24 (blue quilt), PRS Custom 24 (black quilt) PRS CE24 (black) Fender Stratocaster 1975 (black), Fender Stratocaster 1972 reissue (natural), Gibson Les Paul standard (Tobacco sunburst) BC Rich Mockingbird (black)

the paul reed smith custom 24 is a AWSOME guitar my personal favorite they cost anywhere from $2500 to $5000 but worth every penny

That's ok, but the gear list you posted Opeth's homepage one.
PRS doesn't have in its catalogue the blue quilt for Custom 24, And also not a matching headstock, but only royal blue, whale blue or tourquise on the body. Differently, the CE 24 has got the matching headstock and another type of blue.
As for the SH-10 Full Shreds, i heard Mikael uses that on the side project gear (Bloodbath). :headbang:

i thought he used a CE24... and i thought it was a flametop(10 top is what prs calls it apparently) and not a quilt. quilt has a different looking texture. if i had to guess i would say the color is whale blue.. but when he is on stage the lights tend to trick you.. need a good normal picture to really tell.