An Open Letter to Mikael Akerfeldt

I think that was a very nice letter, Richard.
I am sure the Opeth guys will appreciate it :)

Darkness_Claimed_my_Flesh... said:
hahah frodnat ur such an emo fag..... the whole worlds agaisnt u brother.. rise up.. question authority..... revolution!!!!
you poor fuckstick......

ps - the system is watching ur every move right now.. and no one feels the same as you

We will hunt you down... It is just a matter of time. :wave: :err: The highway is ours...

Demonspell said:
This thread mirrors the tragic decline of the band's music and the collective idiocy of their fanbase (automated elitist reponse)
I would hate it if you were right. I can't tell right now, but the signs are troubling.

i wasnt a member when this thread was started. i noticed a bunch of names here that ive never seen. did they shuffle off to SOT or what?

Themoor666--

I absolutely have to agree with you about the amount of flaming that goes on here; it really IS an embarrassment to the band. I mean, if they treated us the way some people here treat them, and each other, I can pretty much guarantee they'd succeed in running off half their fanbase. You would think that people here could behave up to the high standard they've set with their own behavior towards us. Not to mention the effect that the flaming and immature behavior has on the community--any hint of a serious conversation seems to get killed within an hour of its being started. You have to wonder how many people who could make a worthwhile contribution here end up moving on because of the crap that gets posted here. And if saying this makes me a fanboy--I don't give a damn.

Things are much better now, thanks. Met a new girl who's rad as hell. And no longer broke (funny how getting paid regularly fixes that).

The song remains the same though, so to speak. I'll never forget the hell of the winter of 2003/2004. The soundtrack to those times will always be Opeth.

Rose Immortal said:
Themoor666--

I absolutely have to agree with you about the amount of flaming that goes on here; it really IS an embarrassment to the band. I mean, if they treated us the way some people here treat them, and each other, I can pretty much guarantee they'd succeed in running off half their fanbase. You would think that people here could behave up to the high standard they've set with their own behavior towards us. Not to mention the effect that the flaming and immature behavior has on the community--any hint of a serious conversation seems to get killed within an hour of its being started. You have to wonder how many people who could make a worthwhile contribution here end up moving on because of the crap that gets posted here. And if saying this makes me a fanboy--I don't give a damn.

I'm with you guys 100%. Too many 12 year olds or older people with the mentality of a 12 year old on this board with too much free time. I enjoy sarcasm and a witty sense of humor as much as anyone but it doesn't take much wit to be an asshole. I guess 12 year olds don't have the ability to distinguish between being humorous and being a dickhead.