An Open Letter to Mikael Akerfeldt

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Mikael,

I know you sometimes read these forums, and now that your tour is winding down, maybe you will see this. Just want to let you know that Opeth has helped get me through one of the worst times in my life.

A week ago today, I just got off of a 4 1/2 month strike (you may have heard about it when you toured SoCal). There I was, dead broke, holding a fucking sign and wondering what the hell I've done with my life. Earlier in the year, I had just finalized my divorce after being married for only a year.

So, I hear one of your songs on cable radio last year and go out and buy BWP. I was blown away and had to pick up your six other albums. I was kind of fortunate not to have heard Opeth before, because I had so much to listen to! At home, in the car, and on the picket lines (turned on several picketers to your stuff!), I played the CDs again and again and just got lost in the music. And I saw your show with Porcupine Tree and then just recently at Canes--two highlights, for sure!

Anyway, just realize that your music -created all the way over in Sweden- made a difference to a guy here in Southern California, and not just in a headbangin' metal sorta way.

Peace brother,

Richard

Gymsokk said:
you where dead broke, and you bought all their albums?
haha, nice one. He also saw two Opeth shows. I guess "dead broke" means you still have money to squander on some shit CDs, some good CDs and two concerts.

Dreamlord said:
haha, nice one. He also saw two Opeth shows. I guess "dead broke" means you still have money to squander on some shit CDs, some good CDs and two concerts.
youve always been a cock and will continue to be because the best predictor is future behavior is past ..|..

Dreamlord said:
Yeah, Opeth are SOOO shite man! That's why you bother posting in their forum eh, you fuckin tossbag? Shut up and fuck off back to your crap music no-one likes except you and your "elitist(HA!!)" buds, dickhead.

Well dammit, I think it's a nice letter...sort of...

However, I refuse to feel any sympathy for you guys on strike. You didn't gain anything from it of any real value, what the union/workers wanted was not fair anyway. When Wal Mart takes over and we're all forced to shop at that shit hole excuse for a market that has NO worker benefits and pays even less, then things will suck more.

I know, totally OT for this board, but whatever.

jester00 said:
youve always been a cock and will continue to be because the best predictor is future behavior is past ..|..
you've always been a fanboy and will continue to be because you're blind

why did you people ruin this thread?
*sigh* fucking hell...
Hey Mikael, if youre reading this, i hope you realize that although they may show a form of support, but many of your fans are jerks!
Risquit, continue with your letter...