Is Mikael Akerfeldt, Really Mikael Akerfeldt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Hip Hop

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2005
Who is the man behind the mustache? Assuming the stache is real to begin with. A friend of mine that works in hardware store in Stockholm Sweden claims he saw Mikael buy a dust broom and a rather potent bottle of super glue, and was later seen behind the store glueing a now shredded dust broom onto his upper-lip. But why? Why would a tormented young Swedish boy super glue a fake mustache to his upper lip?

Bell-bottoms. Socks with sandals. Unmatching clothing. Mikael is a dweeb. And here yet another point....whenever interviewed mr. Akerfeldt is very laid back and non-chalaunt about the writing process - when in reality the reason he is so carefree about writing such complex and ingenious songs is because he has nothing to do with the writing process. He is merely a puppet - or pawn if you will with a poorly conceived mustache to make his appearence more misconspicuous.

The real master behind the death metal magic, is myself.

Mikael claims to be self taught, when he really took lessons from myself. I lived down the street from Mikael, and heard Mikaels feeble squanderings to play the guitar through my bedroom window. Mikaels ways struck grief in me. I pitied his conviction, and took him under my wing.

To his first lesson, Mikael brought a tape-recorder instead of a guitar. "What's this?" I asked, "It's my favorite instrument" he replied without the slightest indication that he recognized the look of mortification upon my face. Clearly, this guy suffers from some form on mental ailment, I thought. So i played my guitar, while Mikael listened to my masterful guitar playing skills. I watched his eyes grow in circumfrence, leaking out to show his true intent. Thus, all the riffs on Orchid had now enetred the mind of Mikael. 7 more times Mikael returned with his tape recorder. Hence Opeths 7 cd's.

What is more, the voice and lyrical capabilites of Mikael Akerfeldt is purley superficial.

Stephen Hawking was quite the melodic vocalist in his day, and is also the genious behind Mikaels lyrics, until Mikael decided to give him ALS by conjuring some sort of hex, rendering his vocal chrods useless, and stealing his ability to adequently form words and ultimatley stole a portion of his genious. There's more to the "Grand Conjuration" then meets the ear, play it backwards and this much is admitted. Although Stephen is not dead, the essence of Hawking haunts Mikaels house in Stockholm. Even Peter has felt it's carress on his shoulder.

Perhaps Mikael himself will reveal his true identity. Who knows? Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.