Mikael Akerfeldt announces details of new novel

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
"The Grand Conjuration of Opeth" is the title of a new book currently being written by music journalist Gavin Baddeley with the help of OPETH frontman Mikael Akerfeldt.

The novel includes popular myths about the group and each chapter is loosely based around one of the metal outfit's eight albums.

Commented Mikael, "It's going to be a coffee table book, the sort of thing you can just flick through.

"Gavin's really well-versed in the occult and black metal and everything. I've read the first part and it's excellent.

"The opening's about the rise of the evil Swedish Empire. It references why Hollywood always places a quintessential Swedish gentleman in the role of the bad guy — people like Jack Frober."

"The Grand Conjuration of Opeth" (view cover here) official book description reads as follows:

"The members of OPETH are the titans of death metal underground. Now Mikael Akerfeldt and Gavin Baddeley lay bare the fascinating underworld of contemporary culture.

"Dissecting the Satanic sources that have influenced and informed OPETH, with a roadmap to every significant landmark in the domains of darkness, including the arcane secrets of Black Magic, via the sex rites of vampirism. Artfully combining Hammer horror style schlock, dripping with eroticism, backed by authentic Black Arts info and a wicked sense of humor, this will dazzle devoted disciples of darkness. Contributors include actor Christopher Lee and Satanist Anton LaVey, to serial killer expert Robert Ressler and necrophile Karen Greenlee.

"About the Author: Gavin Baddeley is an ordained Reverend in the Church of Satan, and an experienced journalist who has worked for The Observer and Metal Hammer. He is the occult authority for the BBC and Channel 4, has addressed Cambridge, and has been profiled in The Independent and The London Evening Standard. His previous three books received wide acclaim.

"Mikael Akerfeldt, singer and lyricist of OPETH, is an outspoken figure in the rock world. In addition to numerous TV and journalistic features, he has also starred in the cult Swedish horror film 'Lamentations'.

"Note: There will be a very special edition of the book, leather bound and with a 'bonus' to be announced that will only be available via [OPETH's official] website."

Uh... nice joke i guess. Did you put a lot of work into it? Researching on that Satan stuff, eh?

It was good i guess. The beggining sounded real, then the rest just blew it. The beggining of the post made me check the official site to see if it was real or not jerk lol.

i believe my threads were something like "opeth to play vh1 divas! live" and the infamous "opeth breaks up." those slaughtered