How I Met Your Akerfeldt

What still ticks me is, right after I got my guitar signed, and got the 'Cheers!' from Mikael, I closed the door, and someone in the room said something and everybody started laughing. I couldn't hear what it was or who said it. Maybe they were making fun of me, I don't know :lol:

You sure you didn't do anything stupid or didn't say any joke or something? Coz i heard you shouldn't say a joke to a scandinavian or british if you aren't one of em coz they may not understand you and you will be ridiculed haha
or maybe something funny happened to one of em (Probably Axe :p ) right after you left.

My good friend Noah was telling me yesterday how he met the guys from Swallow the Sun and Katatonia, and told a joke which Lord Renkse did not understand.

"Jonas, nice to meet you. But I have to tell you, I don't like Swedes."
"Why not?"
"My father was a Swede. He drove over to America and raped my mother."
"I do not understand your humor, Noah."
-shiteatinggrin-

I was laughing pretty hard, because he chose to give Jonas a Skwisgaar accent in his recounting of the story.

when you clsed the door the convo probably went like this.." axe:hey mike, if you asked ....that kid woulda sucked you off, mike: ya proly, (from the other room)martin: AND SWALLOWED!.....opeth in unison HAHaHaHAHHAHAhhaahAHAHa."

kidding aside it was a neat story, im sure you'll be talking about it in 20 yrs, with the same awe.

damn dude you sound like a fangirl...

"...the first time I met mikael was magical.... it was a gloomy autumn day and i was on my way to school, when i saw him; he was having a coffee in the small bakery on the corner, sitting next to the counter, contemplating his reflection on the windowpane in absolute silence, just as if his words would falter to atone."

Is that a quote from the twilight series? It surely looks like one..

Nah, I'm just telling the story as it is, I truly did feel like akerfeldt was huge the first moment he talked to me. Seeing Mendez's head pop out of a corner is not something that you can forget quite easily either.

But yeah, I was a bit cheesy at times. Still, it was my first Opeth show, and the first time I ever met a famous dude.

When I saw them for the first time i must confess I was like convinced I was going to manage to meet them personally, and I even gave a hard thought to the things i was going to say to them...hahaha....sissy!!

It's funny to think of the Opeth guys reading this thread. And based on that story, it could happen!

But hey, glad you had fun in the show and got to talk to the guys.

My good friend Noah was telling me yesterday how he met the guys from Swallow the Sun and Katatonia, and told a joke which Lord Renkse did not understand.

"Why not?"
-shiteatinggrin-

I was laughing pretty hard, because he chose to give Jonas a Skwisgaar accent in his recounting of the story.

wtf :lol:

nice story! :)
reminds me of my own story of meeting Opeth but for me it was a bit less stressed.. without the need to snick in to some places etc... hehehhehehee
cheers mate!

"Why not?"
-shiteatinggrin-

I don't get it either, Swedes are rapists?

"Why not?"
-shiteatinggrin-

:lol::loco:
jonas is the man

I forgot to tell you the awesomest part.

Right after I got that poster signed by Mikael, I headed over to Axe, who had a beer bottle in his left hand and a hood over his head. From the first moment I entered the room, he hadn't said anything or moved at all. So, I'm walking over there, and he's just staring blankly at a wall or something. Then suddenly, he raises his head, opens his mouth, and burps quite loudly.

I laugh and go "Awesome!".. He looks at me and grins, ear to ear. It was so metal. :headbang: