Am I the only one that thinks........

mysweetdeath

Easy Mac > Difficult Mac
Sep 6, 2003
Mulberry, Florida
........that Deliverance is 348648613218686 times better than BWP?

Personally, and this is my *opinon,* that BWP is the worst Opeth album and has way to many wondering parts.

Although it is still a great album, it is a big let down.

BWP is the album I can't stand. It's gotten to the stage where I can only actualy listen to three songs (Leper Affinity, Funeral Portrait, BWP) without wanting to tear my ears off. Deliverance isnt that annoying.

Just my opinion.

actually, i used to like it BWP more, i'm not to into it anymore.
my favorite track is definetly the leper affinity, such a great song.
bleak - good song
harvest - good song
drapery - great, but i've heard it so many damn times
dirge - decent
funeral - good, but i think it's overrated
patterns - good, but overrated
bwp - good

i'd probably rather listen to the other 6 albums first, before i wanted to replay the bwp album. so i guess yer not the only one dude.

ShroudOfDusk said:
I rekon it's Bleak that ruins it most of all for me. I've hated that song since I first heard it.

Wow, Bleak is certainly one of my favorite... goes 'full circle' the way a song should.

Whilst a good deal of tracks from BWP shit me (Bleak, Drapery Falls, Dirge...), the redeeming points are within Leper, Funeral and BWP as Shroud mentioned. There is just some underlying heavy groove present within Blackwater Park that just isn't there on Deliverance.

Deliverance just seemed plain monotonous to me. It is like ideas Opeth previously had, re-arranged and then watered down into simpler overall arrangements. So in short, it bores me.

I like BWP more.

I think that all their albums are great. Still life wins by a small margin if you ask me. However the blackwater park song is one of my favourite Opeth songs. :loco:

Moonlapse said:
Deliverance just seemed plain monotonous to me.
That's why I like it. It has so little atmosphere so instead of creating a "groove," it relays a feeling of bitter insanity.

BWP is monotonus, if you ask me.

My fav tracks from BWP are Drapery, Funeral, Dirge, and BWP.

BWP is the lease favourite album for me too. The Drapery Falls is easily Opeth's worst track in my opinion... I still like it, but it's just gotten so boring to listen to...

I agree. They really need to remove 'The Drapery Falls' from the next tour setlist. I'd really like to see alot more Orchid-MAYH era material played, as that stuff comes off really well live, and if the new album really does fit the pidgeonhole people have put it in, then it should all be fairly complementary.