Am I the only person that thinks Otep is HORRIBLE?

Guardian of Darkness said:
Hm...I'm not understanding comments such as "What's the big fuss about?".....I don't think I've EVER heard this band complimented....Ever....

They won the "newcomer of the year" in online metal awards 2002 and got ton of votes on other categories. As the OMW2002 was organized by UM people (or so I understood) and lot of the voters were from here, there must be someone here who actually likes Otep. Or have people just misspelled Opeth when voting? Commenting on the three songs I've heard, I think they're better than lots of nu metal out there, except that the clean vocals suck really bad and pretty much ruin everything.

I wore my Blackwater Park t-shirt into a Zia records store. Whne I was at the register the female checker said to me, "You know that band has a girl singer right?". I said, "What band?". You pointed to my shirt and said, "Otep". :guh:

Sigh, I believe there are always going to be stories of getting Otep and Opeth confused. I've stopped trying to teach the world after my fifth consecutive run-in with this sad misconception. Oh well, ignorance is bliss I guess.

For the record, this band doesn't do a thing for me.

I like their bass player. Dude was always sick. I hate Otep herself though. What a fuckin bitch. I heard stories of her having terrible hygene and being absolutely rude to others.

I dug Seves Tra when I was in my teens though. They fell into that faux "death metal" type for hot topic teens lol.