Am I the only one who dosen't like the Dillinger Escape Plan?

You're definitely not. Dillinger and every band that sounds like Dillinger should be assembled in front of a firing squad....fucking annoying.

They're OK, but I have countless other -core CDs I'd rather listen to before glancing at Dillinger.

People that cream themselves over odd rhythm changes or time patterns are morons.

I think Calculating Infinity has some cool ass shit on it, but that's their only piece of work I'm really into.

J. said:
They're OK, but I have countless other -core CDs I'd rather listen to before glancing at Dillinger.

People that cream themselves over odd rhythm changes or time patterns are morons.

yep, same here.

I like them, if only because they make you listen and pay attention instead of sitting back to mindless melodies and stable patterns. That is definitely an achievement in metal where the music has now become too easy to listen to. But really, the time changes aren't all that prevalent, it's the band's dissonance that turns people away. Why not admit that?

Jean-Pierre said:
Couldn't have said it better. Fucking Meshuggah monkeys.
Yep, while writing that I was thinking of DEP and the overrated and monotonous Meshuggah. Who cares if their rhythm changes are "off da hook" if their music sucks?

Haha you all can't handle technically mind-blowing hardcore.

J. said:
Yep, while writing that I was thinking of DEP and the overrated and monotonous Meshuggah. Who cares if their rhythm changes are "off da hook" if their music sucks?

You might want to listen to more than two songs from each band you're talking about.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
You might want to listen to more than two songs from each band you're talking about.
How about owning all of DEP's works, and at one time owning Chaosphere, Contradictions Collapse/None, and Destroy, Erase, Improve?

Yeah, Meshuggah still sucks.

J. said:
How about owning all of DEP's works, and at one time owning Chaosphere, Contradictions Collapse/None, and Destroy, Erase, Improve?

Yeah, Meshuggah still sucks.

Way to go. Some people do tire of Mesuggah's pointless polyrhythms sometimes, I know that. I guess it's just up to opinion. Fans of the less blatantly technical side of the spectrum won't like Meshuggah or DEP, I guess.

Methinks you people need to investigate the scene further, and not judge based on the overrated DEP and corporate crap bands like Snapcase and Hatebreed, or judge it based on the moronic slam-dancing ('cause headbanging is so much more intelligent). When it comes to metalcore (or any -core), I bet most of you are on the same level as some newbie 13 year old who has to have his mom buy his CDs because of the Parental Advisory Sticker.

Seriously, go check out Botch, Deadguy, Kiss It Goodbye, and Breach. Or even check out the classics like Cro-Mags and Agnostic Front.

Or you can always jump in with the others and chant "Metalcore must die" like a good little follower.

J. said:
Methinks you people need to investigate the scene further, and not judge based on the overrated DEP and corporate crap bands like Snapcase and Hatebreed, or judge it based on the moronic slam-dancing ('cause headbanging is so much more intelligent). When it comes to metalcore (or any -core), I bet most of you are on the same level as some newbie 13 year old who has to have his mom buy his CDs because of the Parental Advisory Sticker.

Seriously, go check out Botch, Deadguy, Kiss It Goodbye, and Breach. Or even check out the classics like Cro-Mags and Agnostic Front.

Or you can always jump in with the others and chant "Metalcore must die" like a good little follower.

The 'Metal'core of today is horrible. You're looking at a perspective from a Thrash/Traditional/Speed Metal-er, and there is NOTHING that I see in Metalcore that represents REAL METAL. Cro-Mags was fun, but if you take them and add Dissection and Iron Maiden with a cold and you'll have the entirety of this horrible horrible new Metalcore movement in a nutshell. :puke: