i only like first 2 amorphis albums

slipnuts

New Metal Member
Dec 21, 2011
am i the only one who only likes the first 2 albums of amorphis? i just cant stand the vocals on there other albums like skyforger or elegy.

everyone seems to be obsessed with those.

You are a good person, because only the first few are important.

EDIT: Also, Privilege of Evil.

Not gonna lie. For a period of time I was convinced that there were two bands named Amorphis.

New Amorphis does suck, but not nearly as much as new Sentenced. It's hard to imagine bands that write stuff like "Shadows of Past" and "North From Here" can go on to writing Nickelback metal.

lol. nickelback

thanks guys. Just glad im no tthe only one. I respect the music im just not big on the vocals.

Think I may be in love with this.
33.momodo.jpg

2.tod.gif

i like everything they've done, though Am Universum and Far From the Sun are pretty lame.

Keep in mind, there are only two guys that have been in the band since the beginning with a revolving door line-up. So in essence, it's not the same band.

I like old and newer Amorphis. Not as much as I use too, but their newer stuff is far from resembling Nickelback.

I love every single Amorphis album. (except begging of times I have yet to really listen to that one)

Initially and for awhile too like about a year or more I only enjoyed Tales from the Lakes and found their other material either boring or lacking. However, over time I began to enjoy a few select songs from other albums, then I slowly began to enjoy a few select albums (ex; Tuonela) other than Tales. Then one day I the closets things to a religious experience with Elegy and found it to not only be some of their best material, but one of the best albums ever.

am i the only one who only likes the first 2 albums of amorphis? i just cant stand the vocals on there other albums like skyforger or elegy.

everyone seems to be obsessed with those.
When Tales came out and I bought it on tape I was like "this is fucking brilliant"..then Elegy came out. Far From the Sun is about the only album I don't like..been listening to em since 1993.