Amorphis-inspired art

muki_zpsefc4b10a.jpg

Haha, that's awesome!

Gives me a great idea to do on my cup. Nothing as complex as yours, but still...

How did you make it?
And how do you wash it now? I mean, color won't fade?

^ Thanks! I have used porcelain paints, they're specially for this kind of dish paintings and washable after heating for half hour in an oven. ;)

Never heard of porcelain paints.

I know I'm boring, but you have to tell me more.
How are they sold (single bottles - if bottles at all - or package)? Approx. price? What kind of brush you used? Tips?

Never heard of porcelain paints.

I know I'm boring, but you have to tell me more.
How are they sold (single bottles - if bottles at all - or package)? Approx. price? What kind of brush you used? Tips?

I have bought small-sized bottles of various colours, but I guess that they're sold also in packages. Those that I have bought from hobby crafts shop have costed about five euros per bottle. No matter if I'm doing acrylic paintings on canvas or these dish things, I always use very little brushes because I have really detailed style. Size (or the number that is marked in handle of brush) of those is usually between 0 - 4. But of course, if the one doesn't like to do that detailed work, bigger brushes are much better then. Other tips? It's really hard to start to describe own way of working, but first I paint background more roughly (for example that swan was just bright red patch) but little by little I add shadowings and details on it. Cliché, I know, but practise makes perfect!

^

Thanks!
I'll look for the colors in the 'art' shop, they sell canvases and all that stuff, I wager they'll have porcelain paint.

I don't think I'll do anything complex, I was thinking of fooling around a bit, maybe do some band's logo (I guess some black metal band - even if it turns bad, who's gonna notice? :Smokedev: ).

Anyway, if I actually do something, I'll post a pic or two.

Nice! Nightbird it awesome, just what I like. I usually don't like nothing with yellow, but I have to like this New day, it's really fine.

Wow, beautiful art in this thread!

I have something too, but it's actually "reversed Amorphis-inspired art", if that makes any sense at all. XD

The story: I made this drawing seven years ago, and I called it "De vier wijzen uit het noorden" (The four wise ones from the north), because we met these four special cats on an island in the north. So naturally I immediately thought of them when I learned that this amazing song by Amorphis we got to hear at the show was called... The Four Wise Ones. And not just that, we are actually in the official video of The Four Wise Ones, so awesome. Makes it all feel like a very special connection. I love it when things collide like that.

s6tcaq.jpg

(The cats are good 'ol pencil and paper, I added the landscape with the stones later, but that's just a photo effect.)

Reactions: Eurynome
Not really art, but I currently have the You I Need video in my backyard. :D (Mr. Joutsen & Co aren't here though, I checked. :( )

vzggea.jpg

(By the way, if I spam too much, please let me know. I don't mean to be obnoxious...)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about whether or not to post this as it could make a really stupid impression, but it still cracks me up everytime I look at it, so what the hey. :D

*cough* Find the imposter... :headbang:

2i25y4h.jpg

This started as a joke because I wanted to show my husband that I get Joutsen-hair when I stuff my head into a jar of coconut oil (which actually has a point, besides looking like Tomi), so I thought I might as well finish the picture. Of course I can't deny that this whole project made me feel like a big kid and that I secretly thought: "I want to be cool like Tomi Joutsen!" :D

I just realised that I must be making a great impression here. Almost 30, and still feeling cool when I dress up as my favourite singer. Well, now you know.

Almost 30, and still feeling cool when I dress up as my favourite singer. Well, now you know.

Oh, don't worry, most of us have been there. It's an awkward phase and filled with insecurity, but just keep on doing silly shit (that's what esoterics call "following your heart") and you'll never have to worry about a lack of awesomeness and shortage of fun. When I put the first rock poster on my wall, my mom figured it was gonna be a passing phase. Well, I just hang up another one a couple of days ago, and I'm three years older now than she was then. Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional. ;) And yeah, cool pic!

[...and btw, just got home from watching Anneke van G kick some major ass and showing a sold-out house who's Goddess. At least to those who don't worship Floor J above all. The Force clearly seems to be with Dutch women. Use it wisely. :D ]

Thanks! And you're absolutely right, haha! What fun is growing up anyway. :D

And yes, Anneke has an a-mazing voice. When I found out about The Gentle Storm last year she gave me the full-blown chills, especially on The Moment. Usually I'm not too happy about being Dutch, but sometimes... :D